• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

grounding rod question

Yes Sir, as a matter of fact I just got in this morning at 6:15 am CDT from WV, be home 2 weeks then head back to WV
You just took a giant leap up in my respect level. You KNOW what a day of hard labor is.
I was an attic rat for two weeks as part of my new job training. Attic rat 2 weeks, drill floor hand for two more weeks. Then out to the Wire Line service for about 5 years.

Reactions: S&W357
You just took a giant leap up in my respect level. You KNOW what a day of hard labor is.
I was an attic rat for two weeks as part of my new job training. Attic rat 2 weeks, drill floor hand for two more weeks. Then out to the Wire Line service for about 5 years.
Yep that is a job. And I'm one of the few nowadays that can say they I actually worked on a Spencer Harris Kelly rig. Swinging blocks, spinning chain, and throwing tongs. Today's rigs are creampuffs, the derick hand pulls back pipe for a chair in the top doghouse with a joystick. I'm not complaining because I have a bad back, bad neck, and a bad shoulder, at 53yrs old I really need a different occupation. This is the only rig I've worked on that the rest of my crew is only 10yrs younger than me, most have been 20yrs younger, heck I'm 9 years older than my company man.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
You still have to be a certain breed to work in the oil patch, they have made something's easier but you still have to deal with being away from home 6 months of the year and working in extreme weather conditions. It's not for everyone, I still see a lot of people tap out, we had one hand last about 6 hrs last year and he decided the oilfield wasn't for him, and he was 25 yrs old, made me feel better about myself.

You still have to be a certain breed to work in the oil patch, they have made something's easier but you still have to deal with being away from home 6 months of the year and working in extreme weather conditions. It's not for everyone, I still see a lot of people tap out, we had one hand last about 6 hrs last year and he decided the oilfield wasn't for him, and he was 25 yrs old, made me feel better about myself.
I miss the money more than anything. I made $100,000.00 In 1976 that was some serious bank. Still is by today's standard. I was an engineer.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
I miss the money more than anything. I made $100,000.00 In 1976 that was some serious bank. Still is by today's standard. I was an engineer.
That's really good money for 1976.
The money's still pretty good, it's taken a little bit of a hit but still pays better than anything around home. If I ever quit I'll miss the money and the time off.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.