1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Gubment coming for your cheap HT

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by Mudfoot, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Well-Known Member

It says as long as it is used on the Ham Bands they are 100% LEGAL.That is the only place I use mine so I don't care how many they take from others using them where they are not suppose to be.I have Legal HT's for most every band in the USA.

SIX-SHOOTER

fogdog likes this.
  3. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

You might want to read the article a little more closely.

Captain Kilowatt and camaro1 like this.
  4. Road Squawker

Road Squawker Sr. Member

That article is put out by the ARRL, not the FCC.
    Notice it is written in the past tense and refers to what the FCC "said".

it states "The FCC said that while equipment that transmits solely on Amateur Radio frequencies is not subject to equipment authorization requirements, some radios advertised and sold as Amateur Radio gear are capable of operating on frequencies that extend beyond the ham bands, and that it’s illegal to market in the US a transmitter designed or intended to operate on frequencies outside of authorized Amateur Radio bands,..."

that would make EVERY HF Amateur transmitter (except certain SDR's) illegal.

If all you have to do is a "clip the green wire" type modification, then it is designed to Tx out of band.

Amateur radios do NOT require any Certification.

5. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

they can have mine. its a piece of crap anyway

6. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

At one time I had five HT's TYT, Baofung various models. I ended giving them away because I really did not have any use for them. I played with 2 meters for a while and got bored fairly quickly. Only rush hour traffic chatter and that was of no interest to me.
    Some of those TYT models would go right into the cell phone and police bands. I don't know if they would transmit there or not.

7. kopcicle

kopcicle Sr. Member

I wish I still had the spam mail that came from Newington (ARRL) shortly after my license posted on the ULS.
    I expected the "join the ARRL propaganda" but was surprised by the get on the air and buy this UV5R clone from one of our "partners".
    This is the very same radio they are now damning ?
    I don't suppose it comes as a shock to the regular membership that I hold the the Federal Clown Commission as well as the disciples of the Church of St Hiram in near equal contempt. If I had even a glimmer of interest in joining the ARRL it was instantly erased by their promoting a UV5R for $52 that was available for $32 from an authorized dealer on Amazon. So now that there is a half a buttload of these radios in circulation the Federal Clown Commission wants to do something about it ? Now that the Federal Clown Commission wants to do something about it the Church of St Hiram wants to climb on the bus? I wonder if they are still promoting the same radio through the initial bulk mailing...

AZZWITS

8. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Well-Known Member

I and many friends own lots of them & I give them to New Hams all of the time.I will not be stopping the use of any of them or any radio gear that I own & I own a whole lot of radios including over 100 CB Radios.

SIX-SHOOTER

9. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

They can pry my cold dead hands from my BowFang.

Lol

10. Road Squawker

Road Squawker Sr. Member

WHY is the ARRL on the wrong side of every issue lately?

Tallman likes this.
  11. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

me likely my baofengs, me keepy my baofengs

12. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

Knee jerk reactions and lack of research.

Road Squawker likes this.
  13. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

They can't help it. They are just trying to follow the money. LOL

14. Rwb

Rwb Well-Known Member

My bowfanged UV-5RV2+ will remain in my hands.i paid for it with my hard earned $$$. If they come n get it,thats our crappy gubberment stealing

15. kaos513

kaos513 Well-Known Member

fcc funds them thats why

Rwb likes this.