• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Guess I waited too long......

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
Since I'm real close to having my credit card completely cleaned, I was going to wait on ordering an Icom ID-800H for myself. Since I've been learning this D-Star thing on the one I got for our OEM, and I already know how to program it, coupled with the fact that HRO has had them on sale for $399.95 + a $20.00 mail-in rebate, I figured they'd be around for a while, and I'd order it maybe next month.....

>>>>>WRONG<<<<<<

Last night HRO had them off their website, today they have them listed as out of stock, and what remains are demo's only for $349.95.....

Now if I'm buying a new radio, I want a new radio, not one that's been plugged in out on the display counter with a bazillion people screwing with it.

Looks like I might have to bite the bullet and shell out $500.00 for the new ID-880H.....(man the wife's gonna be pissed if she finds out)....:eek:

Ouch. I would love a DSTAR rig, but I gotta move some stuff first before that happens. I really wish the price of the DSTAR stuff would come down. I would probably go with the handheld first...repeater access here is plentiful. I really like the looks of the 2820H, but damn...$$$$...

Get the 'demo', I think HRO still offers the warranty on them.
- 'Doc

One left Doc, and it's in Kalifornia....

Checked KJI Electronics here in Jersey, they got them, but they want the same price that they are getting for the newer ID-880H $479.00...plus sales tax....plus shipping....

Think I'll wait til I sell off my VHF Marine radio, zero out my CC, then order the 880H from HRO, no tax or shipping, then sell my FT-2800M to help pay down the charge....

Mole....too much of a spread with the repeaters here to depend on an HT, and I'm waiting til the OEM buys me one with the GPS speaker/mic, and a spare battery.....

I have a sneaky suspicion that D-Star radios may be somewhat like computers, after a few years they'll become obsolete until the technology reaches it's apex and can't advance any farther, so might as well bite the bullet and get the latest version......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.