• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GUN CONFISCATION IN LA.

LoneWolf TN

Apr 2, 2005
Group: New Orleans Gun Seizures Illegal

Newsmax | September 13 2005

Following low-key inquiries that were met with stony silence and official indifference, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) today is calling for a federal investigation into reports of gun seizures from law-abiding New Orleans residents, and is demanding that officials there immediately account for all confiscated firearms.

CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb is also demanding that New Orleans police officials immediately stop the seizures, disclose where those firearms are being kept, how they are secured, the type and number of firearms involved, and how those guns will be promptly returned to their rightful owners, in the condition in which they were originally taken.

"I also want to know under just what authority New Orleans officials are confiscating lawfully-owned firearms from law-abiding citizens," Gottlieb said. "Where does it say that the state and federal Constitution can be nullified, even briefly, simply because of a hurricane? In every other natural disaster this country has ever faced, people retain their civil rights, including the right of self-defense, but New Orleans and Louisiana state officials have added the sin of arrogance to incompetence and negligence for which they must be held accountable when this is over."

Gun rights activists have been outraged by a film clip showing a police officer tackling an elderly woman who was armed, in her own home, and later removing her from the premises.

"We know this is only one incident that is being replayed incessantly, and that not all the circumstances are known," said CCRKBA Executive Director Joe Waldron, "but this incident, combined with statements by local officials, particularly Police Superintendent P. Edwin Compass III, that nobody but police will be allowed to have guns, demands a full and complete explanation to the American public. Visiting police and National Guardsmen are in New Orleans to help hurricane victims, and the nation is grateful beyond words. You don't help people by violating their civil rights or the public trust."

"There are reports that residents who refuse to leave are being disarmed, anyway," Gottlieb added, "leaving them to the mercy of any lingering looters and thugs. If true, it is unconscionable. In the anarchy that reigned in the city for days, these armed citizens provided the only protection for their families, businesses and neighborhoods when many police walked off their jobs, and a few even participated in the looting, and the world knows it. The people responsible for making that decision should be immediately disciplined and relieved of command. Visiting officers from other jurisdictions involved in these confiscations should be immediately sent home.

"New Orleans is still part of the United States, not a police state," Gottlieb concluded

Gun "Confiscation"

"Gun rights activists have been outraged by a film clip showing a police officer tackling an elderly woman who was armed, in her own home, and later removing her from the premises"

I've seen this footage, and I'm not so sure if the full footage is watched that it really favors claims by CCRKBA in any way.

When the order is given to leave or "we're coming in to make you leave", then any sane person would simply LEAVE. This old woman wasn't going to leave and was brandishing the firearm. The folks taking her out (at that time) had been given police powers. So, even though the weapon she had ON HER PERSON was a litle faux pearl handled .22 revolver, the folks with the police powers at that time had no choice other than to disarm her. And they did. Good for them. Then they got her out of there before she died of stupidity.

Conspiracy here conspiracy there, conspiracy everywhere. Its a shame we can't bottle this stuff up and run it in our cars, as it seems to be all over the place! :LOL: :D :p

s

What in the hell is conspiracy about this? Full blown gun confiscation is still going on in LA. This is even mainstream media.
I have a friend in the Nation Guard who was sent down to the Baton Rouge area, and he told his mother, who is a good friend of my wifes - this is what he said. "I am very upset, we are being told to do things down here to fellow citizens that are unconstitutional, we were told that we were ordered down here to help people and keep things safe". He also told his mother that FEMA, local law enforcement and military are doing house to house search and gun confiscation. In addition, he said to his mother that he had no choice but to follow orders, and that it was making him sick to do it. This aint conspiracy, this is fact. This guy is a big time supporter of the constitution and especially the 2nd amendment. His mother told my wife that if something happened like that up here in TN, they would never get theirs guns without a fight to the death - now that's my kind of woman...
What I can't understand, is why so many folks just refuse to see what is taking place and why they can't seem to pull their heads out of the sand?? But it's ok, this is just a training ground for what will eventually be put into place nationwide. Now that might be conspiracy or paranoia, but it will eventually come to a town near you - and much sooner than later.

For Love of Freedom and Liberty, LoneWolf TN

Here are just a few Executive Orders associated with FEMA that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation.

Not only can they take away your guns and kick you out of your house, they can put you to WORK!

What happened? Were you all sleeping?

In bold below is the state law that state officials are using to impliment the confiscation.

"National Rifle Association leader Wayne LaPierre slammed New Orleans authorities Monday for seizing legal firearms from lawful residents.
'What we've seen in Louisiana - the breakdown of law and order in the aftermath of disaster - is exactly the kind of situation where the Second Amendment was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves, ' LaPierre said.

'When law enforcement isn't available, Americans turn to the one right that protects all the others - the right to keep and bear arms,' LaPierre said. 'This attempt to repeal the Second Amendment should be condemned.'

The New York Times reported last Thursday that no civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to have guns, quoting the superintendent of police that 'only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons.'

A Louisiana state statute allows the chief law enforcement officer to 'regulate possession' of firearms during declared emergencies. 'But regulate doesn't mean confiscate,' said Chris W. Cox, the NRA's chief lobbyist.

'Authorities are using that statute to do what the looters and criminals could not: disarm the law-abiding citizens of New Orleans trying to protect their homes and families,' Cox said.

'The NRA will not stand idly by while guns are confiscated from law-abiding people who're trying to defend themselves,' he said."

Hello all....

I wish i could say these things were only Imagined..

It is however a very sad day in the Fact that this is happening..

There are many things us citizens can agree and disagree on..
I seriously doubt that the voting Public and Law Abiding People of our Great nation agree with how Gunds are be taken away from those who are Law Abiding citizens who simply are doing what is their Legal right...

Hopefully those that have been in Denial to how our Rights are being Ignored and Erased will come together to Vote Officials to office who will Protect Our Rights (of law abiding citizens)..

It is Sad however that this can not happen in time to help those
who are most at need at this Moment..

I fail to see how the Administration was so quick to respond when 911 came about,and yet so slow to help now

We need to come together as a Nation
Before we lose the Spirt of our Nation

LoneWolf .. i can not disagree with you on this matter
is no way i or my family will willfully disarm

C2 .. it is too easy to abuse these special powers
even if it is done for as they would claim
for our own good

Sonwatcher I have passed along my conserns to the NRA

on tuesday
a customer said to me upon a news report on tv being shown about the mass devistation and problems in New Orleans
that the media is blowing things out of proposion that there is only a foot or 2 of water....
i was amased at the Stupidity of what he had said...
when i tried to tell him how wrong he was he called me crazy
after the customer left i went to a co worker who saw and heard all that was said...at least i was told was the customer and not me that was crazy...

Later all

But GOD Bless those in their time of need

I generally don't speak out concerning situations as this,
BUT IF SOMEONE IS SHOOTING AT ME AND I'M A PUBLIC OFFICAL (as police, fire, security, civil works etc) DAMN RIGHT I'D BE FINDING A WAY TO ELIMINATE THE SITUATION AND IF THIS MEANS CONFISCATION---SO BE IT.

This is the reason given for taking the guns-

"Authorities continued trying to clear the city of holdouts, and also confiscated guns from homeowners. Police and soldiers feared deadly confrontations with jittery residents who have armed themselves against looters."

The one confusing thing I see here is that they were able to walk in and take their guns when no threatening situations were going on with the homeowners. They walked right up to the door without being confused as looters.
But in fairness I can see a future situation accuring if the police were coming at night for some reason.

This old woman wasn't going to leave and was brandishing the firearm.

She must be senile. Thinking she has any right to defend herself or her home. That's nuts. Just because the house and surronding area are dry is no excuse. Submit to her masters is the only thing a right minded Amerikan can do. She's lucky she wasn't shot on the spot for her wrong minded attitude that she owns herself and her home. I love Big Brother.

No conspiracry but there is alot of hear/say that I detect.

[/quote] lonewolf
I have a friend in the Nation Guard who was sent down to the Baton Rouge area, and he told his mother, who is a good friend of my wifes - this is what he said. "I am very upset, we are being told to do things down here to fellow citizens that are unconstitutional, we were told that we were ordered down here to help people and keep things safe". He also told his mother that FEMA, local law enforcement and military are doing house to house search and gun confiscation. In addition, he said to his mother that he had no choice but to follow orders, and that it was making him sick to do it. This aint conspiracy, this is fact

Sonwatcher said:
This is the reason given for taking the guns-

"Authorities continued trying to clear the city of holdouts, and also confiscated guns from homeowners. Police and soldiers feared deadly confrontations with jittery residents who have armed themselves against looters."

The one confusing thing I see here is that they were able to walk in and take their guns when no threatening situations were going on with the homeowners. They walked right up to the door without being confused as looters.
But in fairness I can see a future situation accuring if the police were coming at night for some reason.

I dont disagree that people should be as tactful as possible...however at 3AM however is granny gonna be able to make the distinction between good and bad or just start plugging away in the darkness, the public servants and simply trying to make everyone safe from crime, famine and disease....THAT is what people need to realize....

Lonne wolf I don't know what army your friend is in but for him to say "he HAS to fallow orders" is a cop out, he could at anytime chose to disobay any order and try to explaine it at his courtmartial. And I would beet that he would never see a courtmartial based on "his perception of the situation". You see as an American soldier he is charged with DEFENDING the constition. And any order issued in conflict with that would have to be concidered an illeagle order. The fact is he dosen't have enuff gutts to challenge the order and CHOSES to just fallow it. Now understand that I am outraged at the government for these actions BUT I also hold the soldiers accountable for their part, you see if they had the integrity to fallow their standing orders and to challenge any conflicting orders it would not have happined.This is why the brigadier general incharge of the U.S. ARMY made the statement at the outset that the fulltime Army "WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH FORCED EVACUATION" It conflics with the general orders.

Chuck

And this from the National Guard

"Maj. Gen. James Ron Mason of the Kansas National Guard, who commands about 25,000 Guard troops in and around New Orleans, said his forces had rescued 687 residents by helicopter, boat and high-wheeled truck in the past 24 hours.

General Mason said Guard troops, although carrying M-16 rifles, would not use force to evict recalcitrant citizens. That, he said, was a job for the police, not members of the Guard."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/national/nationalspecial/09storm.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.