• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham RAdio To The Rescue

KD0GOJ

Jan 25, 2009
Found A article in the Licking News, Which is in Southwest MO.
I had to go out of town for work today, While having lunch i encounter this article in there local Paper.
Just thought i would pass it on
KD0GOJ

The Licking News: Home

Ham radio to the rescue:
A local amateur radio operator, Richard Wood KB0MPO of Houston, overheard a call for help over a ham radio repeater last Saturday. The individual was asking for assistance when he and several other hikers became disoriented and got off the Paddy Creek trail in Northwest Texas County. The hikers had a portable ham radio transceiver with them and found the local repeater frequency to call for help.

When they described their location Wood assessed the situation and gave directions to return to their campsite. The hikers determined it was too far for one of the hikers to make the trip back and Wood notified the sheriff’s department to make the rescue. The hikers were rescued and returned to their starting origin without further incidents. This is just another example of how amateur radio is on the scene when trouble arises.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.