• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hamsexy sighting

MUDDOG7375

Apr 6, 2005
So 2 days ago we got hit hit with a storm up here in Wisconsin...No major damage just a few branches down...

Well in our backyard after the storm I was looking around & had some power wires arcing to a tree pretty bad.so I call the power company & they have me call the fire department incase it starts a fire..I call them & hear the call go out on the scanner...Not even 3 mins later a green Grand am with a little orange light on top & a "Push bar" made of 1 inch wide cheap thin metal drives by...Im outside waiting for the FD to show...This guy stops, gets out & wearing his bright yellow vest tries to sound professional...LOL...I knew right away that he was a Ham operator & a Scanner chaser.. :roll:

I was polite as I could be & tried not to laugh (Didnt work) & told him I was going back to the house to wait..The FD came I talkd to them & he drove off Im sure with a woody & a smile on his face because he got to see bright red & blue lights & men in uniform..

As he got out of the car you should have asked him where the rest of the clowns were.

Honestly,isn't that awful.I know a guy here that is like that.Many years ago he had the wig-wag headlights a red magmount roof light,and a red rotating light in his back window and would show up when and where he was not wanted.One time he stopped on the main highway with the lights flashing after lightening struck a dead tree alongside the highway and caught fire.It was well clear the road by at least a hundred and fifty feet.A police car on routine highway patrol stopped behind him and informed him of just what the law was in regards to his lights (all illegal here unless FD or PD).Then he was made to disconnect them right then and there.After that he was given a ticket.I saw his car the other day in the grocery store parking and he now has white strobe lights in the back window and a sign. I can't remember what was written on it but it suggested that he had some sort of authority if at a scene.Man LOL those guys don't attend a scene,they make one. :roll:

We had a wannabe in my area for years who drove around in a yellow car (FD used yellow), with red dashlight, with a huge star of life decal on the trunk. He had scanners, a CB, a "fake" Motorola head unit, "medical kit" an empty Oxygen resuscitator, and I don't know what all. He claimed he was a career paramedic at an extremely busy volunteer recue squad in the next county.Those of us who were EMS saw though him almost immediately because things he would say were totally not in keeping with EMS training at the time. He made the mistake of showing his car and "equipment" off one day at the fire station. It was all a farce. And he convinced a girl he actually worked for this rescue squad for enough years that she married the guy, found out it was all a lie, and divorced him.

And he was "hamsexy." Car had a CB 102 inch CB antenna and three others on the trunk. When he opened the trunk lid to show off the equipment, none of the antennas had coax on em. All the cops were aware of his deal but he never got caught with the light and siren on and impersonating a firefighter or EMT was not against the law at the time. He died from some long term disease so ...

There is another person out there right now who has been pulling women over with a multi-lense dashlight in a "car with a lot of antennas on it."

I saw a car with the blinking lights and a red and blue light bar at Dayton with 3 hamsexy fellows standing next to it. It had Ontario plates on it I think.

I was pretty tired at the time and forgot I had a camera in my pocket. :(

i also saw a few 'police look-a-like' badges. it really is ridiculous. :roll:

it's pretty sad when some people have to go to such extremes to feel important in life and leave a bad impression for the whole hobby. we used to have a guy like that in our local cb club, and the bad thing was, he was a really nice guy, would do anything to help someone, just had the misfortune of always bein under someones feet. anywho becasue of his actions, the majority of our town stereotyped the average cb and ham ops and figured we were all like that. , But i figure it oh well you have fanatics in every hobby. sports, groupies, and hamsexys.

123michigan said:
it's pretty sad when some people have to go to such extremes to feel important in life and leave a bad impression for the whole hobby. we used to have a guy like that in our local cb club, and the bad thing was, he was a really nice guy, would do anything to help someone, just had the misfortune of always bein under someones feet. anywho becasue of his actions, the majority of our town stereotyped the average cb and ham ops and figured we were all like that. , But i figure it oh well you have fanatics in every hobby. sports, groupies, and hamsexys.

You're right. It really is a sad thing. That's a very accurate comment to make. The guy I was talking about had a whole imaginary world that he lived in and his behavior sometimes affected what people perceived of "real" EMS workers and firefighters. Especially the volunteers who did know what they were doing and had the training who bought their own emergency medical equipment out of their own pockets. The guy actually tried to join my company where I'd been the training officer for years. He claimed I told him that I'd allow him to ride the equipment. Not true, of course, but it makes you wonder why he would say something completely false and forgetting that the claim could easily have been checked out.

sad people in the world, lets try and look important. just sad.

the funny thing is talking to a member of raynet (uk) about the 'hamsexy' (as you call it) he balanced it all out with the line "im only as important as the message i send" when standing next to his normal car that only changes where a power plug for his rig and a magmount on the roof.

as soon as the sad **** work out that it the important thing you can do with the skill they got already the better!

It was'nt this guy right?

richard1.jpg

In this car?
hamsexy5.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.