• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hands on with the at5555

1. Ensure the radio is off
2. Press and Hold both the FUNC and EMG-S/RF buttons, and turn on the radio
3. Release the two buttons; you should have alphanumeric
characters showing on the display: “1bAnd”
Rotate the Channel Knob until you get “2bAnd”
4. Press and hold the FUNC key;
The screen will display rES...
...then display rEnd.
...release the FUNC key.
The Expansion Operation has now been successfully performed.

Like the CRE-8900

I got my AT-5555 today. It's supposed to be a version 5.

The supplied programming cable has a white plastic 3 pin molex type plug on the end. I thought it should of been a mini USB, as I've read that the Anytone cable was supposed to work with the CRE 8900. The CRE takes a mini USB.

I haven't taken the cover off yet to peer inside. Is the board version number printed on the PCB?

Anyway, it plays decent so far. The CW sidetone delay issue is also present on this rig as well. CW is impossible until this is fixed.

Just wondering if I have a version 5 or not.

I got my AT-5555 today. It's supposed to be a version 5.

The supplied programming cable has a white plastic 3 pin molex type plug on the end. I thought it should of been a mini USB, as I've read that the Anytone cable was supposed to work with the CRE 8900. The CRE takes a mini USB.

I haven't taken the cover off yet to peer inside. Is the board version number printed on the PCB?

Anyway, it plays decent so far. The CW sidetone delay issue is also present on this rig as well. CW is impossible until this is fixed.

Just wondering if I have a version 5 or not.

at5555 you have to open the cover to plug in the cable,, i drilled a small hole and routed the cable to the outside so i can leave it connected all the time, otherwise its a pain to have to remove the cover every time you want to program it, the cre radio is different as it has a mini usb style plug on the back of the radio,, the versions are marked on the boards inside

Thanks for your quick response.

I'll pop the cover tonight and have a gander. Can you post a pick or describe where you drilled the hole?

I was really hoping the sidetone buffering delay was fixed in this version.

Maybe the AT-6666 will be the answer. On a side note, I don't think the build quality is bad. The controls are better than others have described. It's tolerable for the 2 bills I have invested. At least it ain't a noise box like the Stryker 955. I'm so glad the local that bought it, still has a boner over it. Man, that was a noisy ass radio.

Thanks for your quick response.

I'll pop the cover tonight and have a gander. Can you post a pick or describe where you drilled the hole?

I was really hoping the sidetone buffering delay was fixed in this version.

Maybe the AT-6666 will be the answer. On a side note, I don't think the build quality is bad. The controls are better than others have described. It's tolerable for the 2 bills I have invested. At least it ain't a noise box like the Stryker 955. I'm so glad the local that bought it, still has a boner over it. Man, that was a noisy ass radio.

i didnt really need to drill, just used a round file,, when you get the cover off you will see there is already a cutout in the main chassis on the right side of the radio by the cover rear right side screw. just use a round file and make a 1/2 circle near the cover screw hole and route the cord out the side then re-install the cover

when the radio is on the table and you are looking at the front of the radio , the cable will exit the rear right side cover screw. this lookes to be the easiest option when i had it apart

I was gonna buy a rk56 but bells told me to avoid them the new ones are junk he said get a 636l.I have a ranger 158 mic connected to mine sounds balls but i dont want to rewire it if i wanna take my 2950 mobile so i want a dedicated mic for the 5555 i could get a 158 four pin but people say the 636 is better.

uploadfromtaptalk1362726273483.jpg

Translation by google translate from I guess Russian. I had to tell it to detect language:

"Visually ANYTONE 555, and by then the same functionality. In the FM-modulated weak, needs some work. minimum step 10Hz (synthesizer). Receiver in all modes shown itself to good hand With modulation can work (there mumbling there fonit). As you would expect from a Chinese monsters. In general when compared to what is available at the moment, like as nothing can live."

" A built-in reverb, bumper (RB) (which is included in time and periodically freezes, but if you switch off, then everything is OK), USB, LSB, AM, FM, CW, power control mode, PA (speaker can be derived under the hood and learn about girls from the comfort of a car when it's cold)), built SWR meter, and the value can be displayed in the figures on the main LCD display. In general the unit on a solid three +."

I think if you wanted to jump through enough hoops you could get one.

I will also bet pretty much anything that Kenwood has not given an ounce of authorization to use their name or logo.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.