• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hands on with the at5555

View attachment 9439

Is it wrong of me to find joy in the discomfort of Zedders over this?

Hey I want one, just so I can say I'm running a Kenwood. Amazing how many compliments I get on my audio until I say what I'm running( Yes I know i had trouble today' the negative wire came loose from my PSU and the radio was powering via the coax making the audio sound like S***.I'm a zedder as well but I like to keep a open mind.

If nothing else, "Kenwood" has come up with a reason for the P.A. function.

"speaker can be derived under the hood and learn about girls from the comfort of a car when it's cold"

Be careful of your write up - because the PA function may have an undisclosed feature of broadcasting your audio from the backseat of the vehicle - if anything needs to be said about it...

Reactions: Rwb
is it true that the at-5555 will not behave well with any power mic? could this be the same power mic issue with the new president lincoln 2+ where only a noise canceling power mic will actually modulate without squeeling ?.
Seems like all the new 10 meter export radios that are sold in america today all have either the same identical circuit boards from one brand or model to another also made by the same manufacture.

Anytone, President, Stryker and TopGun brands all have circuit boards manufactured by the same company

Anytone, President, Stryker and TopGun brands all have circuit boards manufactured by the same company
It has always been that way really, there were very few company's that built there own boards.
Cybernet, Uniden and a few built radios and sold them under different brands.
Then came RCI with all the EPT boards in many different brands.
Now Quxiang does the same thing with Anytone, CRT, Stryker, President, Mass, and dozen others.
If you have the money to buy in bulk, they will stamp your name on the cover.

Jeff

It has always been that way really, there were very few company's that built there own boards.
Cybernet, Uniden and a few built radios and sold them under different brands.
Then came RCI with all the EPT boards in many different brands.
Now Quxiang does the same thing with Anytone, CRT, Stryker, President, Mass, and dozen others.
If you have the money to buy in bulk, they will stamp your name on the cover.

Jeff
Just to add a little bit, the Anytone brand is the house brand of Qixiang so essentially many are cloned or copies of their house brands +/- some features.

Kind of like Ranger Communications Inc having their own house brand like Ranger, Texas Ranger while making clones for Connex, General, Galaxy to name a few.

Now in the cb export world we choose between made in China (qixiang)or made in vietnam/Malaysia (Ranger) to which it seems the Chinese have the upper hand these days.

Different times we're living in no matter where we look, or don't want to look......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.