• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

has anyone had a radio built by lesters customs?

wheelman918

Nov 22, 2014
i purchased and am waiting on a custom built 959 with a lescomm board loads of other stuff shottkey diode recieve magnum sx 350 power cabinet this guy really seems impressive i ordered and payed up front the wait drives ya nuts especially paying 500+ for one, im still waiting im sure it will all be good

Never bought one of his radios, but I've seen them on his website. Looks like he does good work! His channel boards are top notch(y) Let us know how you like it.

Never bought one of his radios, but I've seen them on his website. Looks like he does good work! His channel boards are top notch(y) Let us know how you like it.
its like the 959 on his site with the sx 175 only a sx 350 magnum power cabinet, its an off road toy vehicle and only mounting 1 thing will be much easier than an amp too

its like the 959 on his site with the sx 175 only a sx 350 magnum power cabinet, its an off road toy vehicle and only mounting 1 thing will be much easier than an amp too
that continuous tuning, dont have to mess with any switches just turn knob i like that

He has caught my eye also. nice kits and boards. I think Bells will install his stuff in stock radios also. make sure you give that radio plenty of juice.....with that 350 installed.... let us know how you like it!!!!!

Reactions: wheelman918
He has caught my eye also. nice kits and boards. I think Bells will install his stuff in stock radios also. make sure you give that radio plenty of juice.....with that 350 installed.... let us know how you like it!!!!!
oh yeah strait to one of the optima gell batteries

Less channel kits are top notch.

I have installed a few of his kits but I do not know about the amplifier kits.

If they are same as his channel kits then it should be top notch

Reactions: wheelman918
i purchased and am waiting on a custom built 959 with a lescomm board loads of other stuff shottkey diode recieve magnum sx 350 power cabinet this guy really seems impressive i ordered and payed up front the wait drives ya nuts especially paying 500+ for one, im still waiting im sure it will all be good
Yes, 9 days short of 6 months after payment I received my Cobra 148 GTLf from him. I have not hooked it up yet.

here's what I bought:

LesComm Cobra148F-LTD - Blue displays, LC6404-all features, RFX150, RX/TX/NB improve, Black face, Lo-Range, TRB-X3 Echo

(pasted from email after purchase)

Yes, 9 days short of 6 months after payment I received my Cobra 148 GTLf from him. I have not hooked it up yet.

here's what I bought:

LesComm Cobra148F-LTD - Blue displays, LC6404-all features, RFX150, RX/TX/NB improve, Black face, Lo-Range, TRB-X3 Echo

(pasted from email after purchase)
mine is fianally shipping dx 959 custom sx 350 5304 board and fixed the color mixup

Reactions: curlyjo
Gig4Fun is a local that I've known for MANY years. When we both get some free time, he said he wanted me to swing by so he could show me the 148F that he got... so at some point here soon I'll be able to see first hand how Les does up these radios. Should be interesting. I can report some info then. From what I see, Les does top notch work. I know he spends a BUNCH of time designing/making his channel boards.

~Cheers~

Gig4Fun is a local that I've known for MANY years. When we both get some free time, he said he wanted me to swing by so he could show me the 148F that he got... so at some point here soon I'll be able to see first hand how Les does up these radios. Should be interesting. I can report some info then. From what I see, Les does top notch work. I know he spends a BUNCH of time designing/making his channel boards.

~Cheers~
yes i tried posting the vid i should have mine friday we had a mixup at first and it takes awhile to do things right from the vid it seems he does, ill get hands on one in a few days

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated