1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

has anyone had a radio built by lesters customs?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by wheelman918, Nov 26, 2014.

1. wheelman918

wheelman918 Member

i purchased and am waiting on a custom built 959 with a lescomm board loads of other stuff shottkey diode recieve magnum sx 350 power cabinet this guy really seems impressive i ordered and payed up front the wait drives ya nuts especially paying 500+ for one, im still waiting im sure it will all be good

2. Sideways

Sideways Active Member

Never bought one of his radios, but I've seen them on his website. Looks like he does good work! His channel boards are top notch(y) Let us know how you like it.

3. wheelman918

wheelman918 Member

its like the 959 on his site with the sx 175 only a sx 350 magnum power cabinet, its an off road toy vehicle and only mounting 1 thing will be much easier than an amp too

4. wheelman918

wheelman918 Member

that continuous tuning, dont have to mess with any switches just turn knob i like that

5. Grogan

Grogan W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

He has caught my eye also. nice kits and boards. I think Bells will install his stuff in stock radios also. make sure you give that radio plenty of juice.....with that 350 installed.... let us know how you like it!!!!!

wheelman918 likes this.
  6. wheelman918

wheelman918 Member

oh yeah strait to one of the optima gell batteries

7. wavrider

wavrider W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Less channel kits are top notch.

I have installed a few of his kits but I do not know about the amplifier kits.

If they are same as his channel kits then it should be top notch

wheelman918 likes this.
  8. Gig4Fun

Gig4Fun New Member

Yes, 9 days short of 6 months after payment I received my Cobra 148 GTLf from him. I have not hooked it up yet.

here's what I bought:

LesComm Cobra148F-LTD - Blue displays, LC6404-all features, RFX150, RX/TX/NB improve, Black face, Lo-Range, TRB-X3 Echo

(pasted from email after purchase)

curlyjo and wheelman918 like this.
  9. wheelman918

wheelman918 Member

mine is fianally shipping dx 959 custom sx 350 5304 board and fixed the color mixup

curlyjo likes this.
  10. wheelman918

wheelman918 Member

thing will slam a 500 watt bird meter

11. ExitThirteen

ExitThirteen Grumpy and Cranky

Gig4Fun is a local that I've known for MANY years. When we both get some free time, he said he wanted me to swing by so he could show me the 148F that he got... so at some point here soon I'll be able to see first hand how Les does up these radios. Should be interesting. I can report some info then. From what I see, Les does top notch work. I know he spends a BUNCH of time designing/making his channel boards.

~Cheers~

Grogan and wheelman918 like this.
  12. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

Does he include a complimentary reach around with these high dollar builds?

13. wheelman918

wheelman918 Member

yes i tried posting the vid i should have mine friday we had a mixup at first and it takes awhile to do things right from the vid it seems he does, ill get hands on one in a few days

14. ExitThirteen

ExitThirteen Grumpy and Cranky

Yeah, Like Gig4Fun said... his took just shy of 6 months. I remember when he ordered it. Les is backed up real bad right now.

~Cheers~

15. wheelman918

wheelman918 Member

yes he is so he must be doing something right, it is a wait for sure