• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Has Anyone Here Dealt With Stryker Customer Service?

Boll Weevil

Mar 2, 2014
SW PA
I contacted them to have warranty work done a few months ago and it was a lengthy process because they are not very prompt when it comes to returning e-mails or phone calls. I have now been in communication with them since March 19th regarding an issue with the power meter and even though the problem has been diagnosed, I'm still waiting to here what I need to do next. The last correspondence from Shawn was on March 29th where he stated that he would send me a "call tag" and I've heard nothing since. I sent a follow-up e-mail on April 2nd and still no reply.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if there are any "tricks" to getting decent service from them.

Thanks.

I had warranty work done on my 955 with them. All I did was fill out the RMA request form stating what the problem was and they sent me a RMA number and the address to send the radio. Approximately two weeks later I received the radio back working just like it did when I first purchased it.. The communicate by email only and be patient as they are very busy..Their are only two people working the repair facility..

I contacted them to have warranty work done a few months ago and it was a lengthy process because they are not very prompt when it comes to returning e-mails or phone calls. I have now been in communication with them since March 19th regarding an issue with the power meter and even though the problem has been diagnosed, I'm still waiting to here what I need to do next. The last correspondence from Shawn was on March 29th where he stated that he would send me a "call tag" and I've heard nothing since. I sent a follow-up e-mail on April 2nd and still no reply.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if there are any "tricks" to getting decent service from them.

Thanks.

I had warranty work done on my 955 with them. All I did was fill out the RMA request form stating what the problem was and they sent me a RMA number and the address to send the radio. Approximately two weeks later I received the radio back working just like it did when I first purchased it.. The communicate by email only and be patient as they are very busy..Their are only two people working the repair facility..

That's how the first repair was handled. I'm not one for chatting but obtaining the RMA number was quick and simple. Now it appears the chat is no longer being used, or at least I can't find it. This time Shawn used the term "call tag" which I assumed was something different as I was speaking directly with him rather than getting an RMA like I did last time.

That's how the first repair was handled. I'm not one for chatting but obtaining the RMA number was quick and simple. Now it appears the chat is no longer being used, or at least I can't find it. This time Shawn used the term "call tag" which I assumed was something different as I was speaking directly with him rather than getting an RMA like I did last time.
Communicating strictly by email is not quality customer service. Stryker does make an excellent product and it is a shame that customer service was not as well thought out as the radios. Having only two people taking care of repairs is not very efficient for a product sold all over the United States.

This has gone well beyond the point of being patient. My initial contact with Stryker on this issue was 3/19. The most recent contact was 4/06 when I received an e-mail from "Jake" where he asked if I would like for him to send me a return shipping label.

I explained that Shawn had told me on 3/29 that they had found the problem and he would be sending me a "call tag". He also said that he would be present during the repair to ensure it would be taken care of correctly and promptly. Despite the delays up to that point, I was very impressed with Shawn's response. At this point, I did not want to take Jake up on his offer for a shipping label because I did not want the radio to go to Key CB because of Shawn's comment about being present during the repair.

Today is 4/12, a few days shy of a month since I first made Stryker aware of the issue and yet I am no closer to getting it resolved. When I purchased the radio, a warranty and customer service were included in the price. While I still feel they make a quality product and accept the fact that some radios are going to need service at some point, this issue with the lack of communication is unacceptable and needs to be resolved for the sake of their customers who are paying top dollar for their product when there are other options available to them.

The above post went a bit long but I do have something else to point out. Within a few days of first using the radio, the piece on the back of the mic that is used to hang it broke off. I called Stryker and the call was answered on the second ring. I explained what happened to the person that answered (possibly Shawn?) and asked if the could send the replacement part as well as a USB cord. Less than a week later I received the cord and a whole new mic. Granted, the stock mic is not on par with the quality of the radio by any means, but the way the issue was handled convinced me that I made a good decision by spending a few extra bucks for the Stryker.

A coworker of mine on the other hand, bought a Stryker a few weeks after I did and while his radio has worked flawlessly, it took him several attempts at contacting Stryker just to get a USB cord

Communicating strictly by email is not quality customer service. Stryker does make an excellent product and it is a shame that customer service was not as well thought out as the radios. Having only two people taking care of repairs is not very efficient for a product sold all over the United States.

The Export radio market is not real big, most places have 1-2 authorized repair centers. Key CB has been the main Stryker repair center for many years now and Jim does excellent work. Given the small failure rate compared to the total number of radio's sold 1-2 places can more then handle the work. The bottle neck appears to be the return process.

My experience is that communication is the biggest problem. With the last repair, obtaining an RMA was quick and simple. I then printed the label and had the radio in the mail the next day. Once the radio is in the mail, the customer is supposed to be able to check the status on the Stryker website, but the status was only updated when I called and questioned, for example, why does it say "waiting for customer to send" when the radio was in their possession for more than a week.
This time was different because rather than follow that same procedure, I was told a 'call tag" was being sent and the process was delayed almost 2 weeks while I waited.
As far as the repairs go, I have no complaints. The first issue was repaired to my satisfaction and although the current issue did not surface until the first time using the radio after it was returned from Key CB, I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt that this is just a coincidence and not a result of an error by the tech. I also understand SMT is challenging to work on and finding a qualified tech can be difficult.
The radio was shipped yesterday and is on it's way to a shop in MN. I'll update this thread with status changes for anyone who might be following the progress of the repair.

I received an e-mail from Shawn this afternoon and it appears Stryker has gone above and beyond what I was expecting in order to swiftly correct the problem and get the radio back to me.

The USPS sent me a notification that the radio was delivered today at 12:50 pm. At 2:06 pm Shawn sent an e-mail stating that the repairs are completed and the radio will be shipped tomorrow. The fact that the problem appeared immediately after having the radio repaired (which I will say again could be a coincidence) may have been what made this repair a top priority but regardless, this is what I call top-notch customer service.

Apparently I spoke to soon, thinking this had finally been resolved. As mentioned above, the radio was fixed last Thursday. It was to have been shipped on Friday from MN to PA but I haven't yet received it. I sent an e-mail to Shawn at Stryker yesterday which has not yet been replied to. I tried to contact the repair shop, Premiere Electronics in Big Lake, MN but the number I found on several websites is not in service. I Googled the address where I sent the radio and left a message a phone number for that address in hopes of the info reaching the right person. More waiting...

After posting the above reply, I copied and pasted the e-mail I sent Thursday and re-sent it. This time Jake replied within 15 minutes. It turns out the radio was shipped on 4/23, not 4/17 as I was told. USPS tried to deliver it today, but a signature is required and no one was available. I'll pick it up at the Post Office on Monday.

I have been using the Stryker for 2 weeks and everything is working properly. Shawn followed up to check that I was satisfied with the repair and is sending me an SR-5K antenna free of charge to help compensate for the frustration I had with the communication issue and that the radio had to be sent in twice for two unrelated repairs, both of which were covered under warranty. I still feel that my radio having 2 issues was a fluke and would still recommend a Stryker 655 to anyone looking for those features in that price range.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.