• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

has anyone seen this?

It's nice to be rich!

I am Happy for everyone who is & it is what most people work for to be able to enjoy the life we have here.I am not mad at anyone who is doing well or very well.I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY for them all.I only have one tower & currently (9) antennas with at least (4) more antennas going up soon & some say that I am Rich & I just say that I am Blessed with great gear that the Good Lord is allowing me to use while I am here & others may use it when I am gone.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Highway Man
thanks for all the replies and video shares to this thread thus far. I will watch them all as time affords. I wasn't sure how well this posting would be received.
Reached for a hard hat and prepared for stones.

Even if someone hit the Powerball and bought a comparable setup it would be useless without the knowledge to operate and maintain the station. Obviously he, they, are very educated in the hobby.
I'm here to learn and sometimes struggle for every tidbit that acquire.

Reactions: bobl9355
6 Shooter: I am total agreement. You make the best with what ya got.
Case in point myself. Hurricane IKE(late 90's) took out my best set-up ever here.
54 ft. free standing tower
3 element MOSLEY Classic 33 Tri-Bander @ 58 ft. +/-
Stacked 15 element Yagis for 2m above that.
@ about 80 ft. to base a 10m Ground plane
Various Dipoles and slopers/Delta Loops for lower bands.
All came crashing down after about 6 hours+ of sustained winds in excess of 60 MPH.
I have never gotten back to that point again.
I however do pretty well with my Homebrew W8JK array that I built to work 80/40/20/17m.
The Apex is up 45-50 ft. with ends between 25-35 ft. above ground and fed with a Double "L" tuner. (I can climb into the deepest pile-up) Then with my restored Drake L4B or other amps, I have restored, I can make the contact.
I am just not on the "First Call" basis like I was before:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
I have 6 elements on 25 ft. Boom @ 40+ ft. for 6 meters and a commercial Diamond antenna @ 48ft for 2m.
I have a few "Winter Time" antennas I put up (when mowing time is over) that do other jobs and give me something to play with.
So what it is...IS.
I have 50 Ft. of ROHN 45G due here soon, but most likely too late for this season.
That will be the new 6-meter tower (stacked 6's) @ (?)
Then the Homebrew 4 element Tri-Bander to go on the short tower (where 6 m antenna is now)
I don't complain (much:LOL:) I can hold my own with most.
You can look around here on this site and find many QSL cards I have received from all over with my very modest set-up.
I have worked many operators on a regular basis from this very Forum, and most don't struggle to hear me!~:D
I try to help the newer guys, to NOT make the same mistakes I have made over 40 years as an operator in this fine hobby.
The biggest deal is getting some to understand it takes some effort.
I have a hard time with this "Buy it off the Rack" and throw it up 15-20 ft. , then say "I can't get anyone to answer or chat with me ":whistle::ROFLMAO:
Hey, Guys, we are not SNOBS! :eek:...We can't hear you!!!:)
Enough of this.
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

It's nice to be rich!

There are different ways of Being RICH.I am RICH beyond words in the most important things that are far more important than money or property.I have more than I deserve in most everything & I Thank God for all of it because without HIS blessings I would have nothing.

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated