1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Has the world gone crazy

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Big Kahuna, Jun 9, 2021.

1. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

Not needed but wanted... Alinco DJ-G7T radio. Most prices in Canada are over $500, HRO had them on sale, shipping, duty, exchange just over $320.
    Oh wait, yes honey I needed another radio.

Rwb likes this.

2. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

There’ll be a day that maybe not a single radio you own works adequately. How many days or years off isn’t the point. That this day WILL come is the dilemma now coming into view.

The $300 rifle is no worse than the $3000 rifle the day ammo runs out.

The day your radio ain’t a hobby is what to consider. Parts, spares & tools.

Two years ago a major online gun parts supplier got some promotion out of offering half-barrels of ammo at a great per-round price. But it was a hefty price tag altogether.

Today, were that 2019 offering still available (and at the going rate for M80 Lake City) the $4,000 price tag would be $10,000.

Crazy high price don’t mean squat next to “available or not”.

#17 Slowmover, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    144inBama and Rwb like this.
  3. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

well... remove a used oldest radio,put new 1 in its place.few days later bring the older removed radio in remove cover n tinker n tell her you had it long time . it quit n was thinkin you might uhhhh fix it

TheRealPorkchop and binrat like this.
  4. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

ammo. if i shot 20 rounds a day every day for 20 years id still have a lot left over. i foreseen this a coming

144inBama, Holydvr, r carl and 2 others like this.
  5. TheRATT

TheRATT KJ7GKX

I just picked up an Icom 7200 with power supply for $600. This is nuts.

BJ radionut and Rwb like this.
  6. barefootindian

barefootindian Supporting Member

At one stage late last year there was an S9 going a bidding on the bay and by the time I got there, the bids were up to 650$. I put bids on at 30$ a go and it kept going up. There were 5 other parties bidding against me. I kept bidding and soon the price had reached 850$. I pulled out at that stage.
    I got a private msg from the seller a few days later asking if I was still interested as the winning bidder hadn't got the funds and therefore couldn't pony up.
    I asked what price had it got to and he said 975$. I certainly wasn't paying that so I just replied no thank you.
    He said it was going again on eBay and I could bid again if I wanted.I didn't go near it. 975$ That's Crazy....... I'm a bit mad ( in a good way) so I've been told but I ain't CCCCRRRRRRRRRAAAAAZZZZZZREEEEEE

Rwb, 144inBama, NZ8N and 1 other person like this.
  7. Cabover Bob

Cabover Bob Tap tap tap......pay attention

r carl and Rwb like this.
  8. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

Answering the title of the thread, it's gone cazy'r.... at a record pace in almost every aspect.

TheRealPorkchop, Rwb and Slowmover like this.
  9. groundwire

groundwire Sr. Member

Yup, this subject has come up many times. ALOT of really stupid people with plenty of money to throw away. And in turn they have driven the market prices up to ridiculous levels. I try not to talk about it Because it makes my blood boil. Now new people to the hobby, or people with a tight Budget cant even get any gear. $100 for a 23ch radio from 1972, hahaha go f#%@ yourself. Every time i hear people say "thats what it sells for on ebay" i swear to god i wanna scream. Ebay IS NOT the bluebook for merchandise. But unfortunately it is now.

#24 groundwire, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Holydvr, Rwb and Cabover Bob like this.
  10. H1driver

H1driver Member

I have a few 2510s, Lincoln’s, George’s, Emperor 5010s and Grants. I need to sell them and had been avoiding eBay, but sounds like it’s time.

Holydvr, Cabover Bob and Rwb like this.
  11. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

Yeah if ebay dictates what we pay for radios nowadays then that knocks me off as a consumer.

Slowmover likes this.
  12. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Get what you need (useful radios) and a few more as spares. Be sure all family vehicles and homes are so equipped. Everyone also has that working spare for each location or type.

With that baseline “more” isn’t necessary.

Run through the hard practical side of things. Not mentally, but actually do it where not done. Full working installations. No shortcuts.

This’ll cure buy-itis

barefootindian, Rwb and Eldorado828 like this.