1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Has the world gone crazy

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Big Kahuna, Jun 9, 2021 at 9:46 PM.

1. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

I know this is the 100th post of this kind...but these things never cease to amaze me.

Original Magnum S9 bid to over $500 !!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224487267536?hash=item34447bdcd0:g:9XQAAOSwxvtgu8r-

Granted the old ones with the 1969 finals were my favorite but what the heck is going on? I feel like there are a whole bunch of newer CBers that are bidding like crazy on these things.

I loved the S9 aside from the SSB drift mobile and it had some smoking audio but a 955HP runs circles around it.

The hobby must have an explosion of new users as I've never seen radios get bid on like this on eBay. Additionally - on local Craigslist I've bought some radios and the sellers told me they are getting offers from all over the USA with requests to ship. Even some of the online auction sites I follow I'm seeing Galaxy 959's get bid to $150+ which is ridiculous for untested radios.

The CB world HAS gone crazy apparently.

2. Ranch55

Ranch55 Sr. Member

Just the crazies ........

3. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

When your cousin owns the money printing press, buying up arms, ammo, and radios (any gear you might consider useful) is an easy chore for underemployed 9th graders with “college” debt given the task. No end of them to fill a few warehouses.

Blackrock (CEO appropriately named Fink) and other giant hedge funds are buying nearly every house put up for sale, new or old. Paying 20-50% above market. Every county of the USA.

Welcome to Renters World!! where you (your progeny) will never own anything.

Wouldn’t be good in that case you and yours could both organize and resist, would it? (Won’t be able to get gasoline or diesel, and your debit card no longer charges your electric tricycle).

Wear a mask? Had The Jab? You’ll go along with the rest of the program.

4. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Lustrous Potentate

They Live...

Attached Files:

#4 secret squirrel, Jun 9, 2021 at 11:37 PM
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 12:11 AM
    Shadetree Mechanic, Rwb and Slowmover like this.
  5. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

OMG I have several radios that are not made anymore.... note to self Hell no I ain't gonna sell:LOL:

6. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Sr. Member

I sold 2 Ranger AR3500's in mint condition.....kicking myself for it! Tend to keep things now.

Rwb, Cabover Bob, tecnicoloco and 2 others like this.
  7. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

I am kicking myself as well for the radios I have sold over the last few years.

8. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Sr. Member

I regret selling you my 30' push up when you where in Ontario....kidding ....well kinda..lol hope you put it to good use.
    Cheers!

Rwb, binrat and Slowmover like this.
  9. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

TC, I brought it west to Alberta with me. Used it many times for various projects. Sitting in my garage right now. great for dipoles and small yagis.

10. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

OK I know the CB world has gone crazy...tonight 38 LSB was a absolute sh*t show so I went to channel 6 and it was pretty quiet and I easily made a contact and had a nice conversation....

What the heck is going on, I'm freaking out man..... :) the snozberries taste like snozzberries

11. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

the snofakez are skeert they gonna miss out on hogging up everthing from firearms ammo radios n shitzpaper. have you looked at amature radio prices? pos yaesu ft 2980 bringing $200 used n you can buy them new for $150 average at most dealers

12. r carl

r carl Well-Known Member

#12 r carl, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:38 PM
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 12:44 PM
    Rwb, Slowmover and gamegetter like this.
  13. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Lustrous Potentate

When you do a recap on an older radio. It may be best to remove the components from a 10 years older radio. You may charge an extra fee for the older components, but you can assure they have been throughly stress tested.

Rwb likes this.
  14. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Sr. Member

Right on glad you have use for it.

binrat, Rwb and Slowmover like this.
  15. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

What you need you won’t be able to find.

But, hey, $3000 TV sets sell for $700 all day long (mass subsidization).

undertaker and Rwb like this.