• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have I mentioned that I hate winter yet?

Gotta agree, this is the time of the year to be in Fl, but you have to watch out for the snowbird drivers:whistle:........ Wx is even worse in SW Fl. Punta Gorda area,........... that's why I spend my summers in Tn.

What annoys me are the "northerners" who move here with there riced out Hondas with no insurance and drive like they are auditioning for the fast and the furious.

Hardy soles stick it out thru the ugliness. Wimps head south screaming about the coming three month apocalypse. :laugh: A week or so on a warm beach would be all I would want. Ok ten days......two weeks tops. I love it here the other 9 months of the year.

Wimps? I'm definitely a wimp then. Going to head south in the next few years. Otherwise I'm stuck inside 6 months a year with my Harley in storage. I'm pretty sure I don't want to live my retirement years in Michigan. It's snowed just about every day since mid November.

I still wonder why anyone would move to a toilet like Florida. I'm thinking South Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wimps? I'm definitely a wimp then. Going to head south in the next few years. Otherwise I'm stuck inside 6 months a year with my Harley in storage. I'm pretty sure I don't want to live my retirement years in Michigan. It's snowed just about every day since mid November.

I still wonder why anyone would move to a toilet like Florida. I'm thinking South Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was born in NC. I've lived in upstate South Carolina since 93'. You might want to do some research on just where you like to live in SC. SC has no vehicle inspection program like NC. In SC,you can drive just a few minutes or a few hours depending on where you want to live to the beach. Just remember to bring sunblock. The state bird is the gnat,followed by Mosquitos,although SC Mosquitos aren't like the dive bomber ones in FLA. It's too hot in the summer and not too bad in the winter. As for snow,we had a mere dusting of it a few weeks ago. In NC&SC people dream of it snowing especially at Christmas. When it does snow any appreciable amount just be stocked up and stay from the highways as a lot of motorists don't have hardly experience driving in the white stuff. But there's some of us including me that look for opportunities to have some driving fun when and if it snows. I'm fixing to move to Tennessee soon. Love the mountains. No state income tax.

Do you live in Northeast? Get ready to get pummeled

Blizzard, sub-zero wind chills and foot of snow ready to hit Northeast

Blizzard, frigid temps and foot of snow ready to wallop Northeast - CNN.com

Let it come. From what the forecast is saying it's nothing unusual. What will be unusual is if we actually get it as bad as all the media hype says. Even if we do get it that bad what is a foot of snow? WE used to get that all the time when I was a kid. The temps are actually going to increase a bit here when the storm moves thru. Sitting at -19C right now and the forecast calls for -10C when the storm is over and +3C or 4C and rain on Sunday/Monday. Another classic case of snow/rain/freeze/repeat. :headbangNova Scotia is quite different in some ways as the US Northeast. We are influenced even more so by the water than New England is.

Personally I don't get too bent out of shape when the forecast calls for blizzard conditions and heavy snowfall. At 50 years of age I have seen the definition of "blizzard like" and "heavy snowfall" change over the years to the point that it has become ridiculous. Nowadays a heavy snowfall warning is issued for 6 inches for God's sake. Six inches is just a minor inconvenience as it is just enough to warrant cleaning out the yard. I work tonight and I might just slip the truck into 4-wheel drive when I park it for the night however just to avoid the embarrassment of not being able to pull out of the parking lot in the morning. :D

The storm dumped about 6 inches of snow overnight here in NJ, and it's currently mostly sunny and 16 degrees with wind chill values as low as -2 with wind gusts as high as 31 mph.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.