• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have you ever had a RANGER Radio Pulled from E Bay?

I wonder if it would help to have a copy of this agreement between Ebay and Ranger posted. Then, when posting a Ranger for sale, one could copy and paste the letter in the description for QRZ cronies and Ebay police to see.

Is this agreement posted anywhere?

I wonder if it would help to have a copy of this agreement between Ebay and Ranger posted. Then, when posting a Ranger for sale, one could copy and paste the letter in the description for QRZ cronies and Ebay police to see.

Is this agreement posted anywhere?

But, but, but, but then Shioda couldn't get paid from that lawsuit . . .

Shioda - 3
eBay - 0

The settlement agreement contained a confidentiality clause so it can't be posted, however if you advertised an unmodified Ranger radio and it was pulled, I just need a copy of eBay's email pulling the ad and I will get it reinstated.

Okay....

So, Ebay shouldn't be pulling them in the first place. How many times do they get to do this?

Considering the posting doesn't mention being modified.

Will Ebay also remove strikes for policy violation?

Okay....

So, Ebay shouldn't be pulling them in the first place. How many times do they get to do this?

Considering the posting doesn't mention being modified.

Will Ebay also remove strikes for policy violation?

eBay will remove all strikes if the ad was removed improperly. The agreement was they will not pull ads if the Ranger radio is not modified or advertised as capable of being modified. Everytime a new rep is assigned, there is a chance of an ad being pulled. Since the settlement, I think there have been about 5 ads pulled that I am aware of. All were reinstated within a few days.

I did have one pulled a few years ago. In my email from Ebay it said it was an illegal radio. Do the emails that they send AFTER the settlement still contain the illegal Ranger reference? Seems like an easy fix if it does, just modify the canned response. Also, they should send an email to the person/persons that flagged the listing, advising them that the radio is allowed on ebay.

G'day everybody. I have been having the same troubles here in Australia. Trying to start up a company to import Ranger products and e-bay took down my 2950DX listing 3 times in the last week. In the end I just gave up trying to explain to them that these radios non-modified are not illegal. Trying to find another way to get the word out until my friend and i finish the website.

Would Shioda be able to help me here in Australia as well?

Funny story:

About 10 years or so ago, I purchased a used HR-2600 WITH Chipswitch on eBay, just for the purposes of checking out the capabilities of the Chipswitch, as I presently had an unmodified HR-2600.

After getting the radio home, I found out that it was somewhat of a 'hack job' however, the CPU board (with the Chipswitch) was good-to-go. So, I swapped out the boards, thus putting the Chipswitch into MY personal HR-2600, and then realigned and repaired the hacked HR-2600 and placed it back on eBay for considerably LESS money than I had paid for it, seeing as how it was now a STOCK (unmodifiable) 10 meter only radio.

Long story short: eBay pulled the listing on the very LAST DAY, just a couple of hours before it was to sell to the highest bidder.

After talking with the folks at eBay, and explaining to them that I had only purchased this very same radio on eBay just 1 week prior, it still didn't matter to them. The would never let me list it. Sold it at a hamfest for even LESS than I was about to receive on eBay.

Frustrating indeed.

Ha......

Just put a 'healthy' bid on an HR-2600 on eBay, and then when I got home this afternoon, received THIS msg from Flea-Bay:

"Thanks for your interest in this item.
161228919623 - UNIDEN PRESIDENT HR2600 10 METER RADIO AM/FM/SSB/CW +MIC SPEAKER COMPLETE SET NR

We had to remove this listing, and the item is no longer available. We do our best to make sure listings that may not comply with our policies don't appear on eBay. Because millions of items are listed every day, occasionally a noncompliant item could appear on our site.

The most common reasons we remove listings are:
-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
-- The listing or item may have violated the intellectual property rights of others.

What to do now:

If you won the item and haven't paid yet:
-- This transaction is now canceled. You don't need to pay for the item.

If you won the item and already paid:
-- Don't worry -- your item should still arrive.
-- If you have any questions about the transaction or delivery, check the shipment tracking if it's available. Contact your seller for more information.
-- If you don't receive the item, or if the item arrives in significantly different condition than it was described, your purchase price plus original shipping may be covered by eBay Buyer Protection:
Resolving transaction problems in the Resolution Center

We're sorry for the inconvenience. eBay still has lots of other great deals."

Ain't that a crock of horse dinky..........

Flea Bay did the same thing to a 10 meter linear amplifier I tried to sell. They pilled it because, in some Flea Bay hacks opinion it could be modded to work on the CB bands. No sh*t Sherlock! If you are determined enough you can mod a old VCR to transmit.

Put it on Craigs list and sold it to a ham who needed a 10 meter mobile amp for his Harley install.

I have had happen just about everything mentioned here on ebay what I don't quite get is how come they let you post it then take it down. Why doesn't it stop you while you are typing out your post? I am the owner of a President HR2510 and that's definitely on the NO list but that rule caused the seller to sell it to me for $75.00 their is not to many people interested in anything to do with a transceiver any more as in neighbors co-workers etc.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated