• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

He asked if I had ever talked to LadyBug

Farmer Brown

Aug 28, 2019
I was talking to 4100 down in Louisiana a coulpa evenings ago and we were asking each other about who we remembered from the 70's. You know it's like shaking up one of those little Christmas deals with the liquid and 'snow', you go to remembering stuff from way back when you were a child of 10-12.

He then asked me if I had ever talked to LadyBug way back then, he even remembered she had a Cobra 85 and a Super Side Kick with lots of modulation.

I said yes, that was my Mother :) He said well you talked to her quiet a bit then lol.

Remembering back, at 35 miles, he would have been well within the 40+ mile range that the little 4 watt radio had back in the day.

I enjoyed talking to 4100, remembering the Coffee Breaks and all of those friends from such a long time ago. I was happy to know that he remembered LadyBug. She sure loved talking to others and making friends, just like we do today.

Lord bless all-Farmer

Fb , Funny how we remember the people we cut our teeth on when we stated on 11m . I still think of them all frequently , Most are all passed on now , but they taught us the rights & wrongs . Maybe that's why I'm the " Respectable " operator I am ? Lot's of Lady's on the radio back then , & I was taught never Cuss in front of a Lady . :) Just my 2 cents . 73 & God Bless , Leo

Fb , Funny how we remember the people we cut our teeth on when we stated on 11m . I still think of them all frequently , Most are all passed on now , but they taught us the rights & wrongs . Maybe that's why I'm the " Respectable " operator I am ? Lot's of Lady's on the radio back then , & I was taught never Cuss in front of a Lady . :) Just my 2 cents . 73 & God Bless , Leo
God bless you too Leo--Yes that fella, 4100 was only a teenager back then, but remembers my Mother. She passed on in 2008.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.