• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heathkit HW-101 Mic Question

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone , I've been trying to wire a Turner 254 desktop mic to my Heathkit HW-101 ... and apparently I'm not getting the right combination to make it work . I have the Turner Mic Wiring book ... but it doesn't list the HW-101 in it , and I haven't had any luck finding anything online for it either . So I was wondering if anyone else here has wired a Turner 254 up to their HW-101 , and if so ... could you please share the wiring with me ?

Attachments

• Turner 250 microphones.pdf
    105.3 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: Raccoon
so far I've tried :

First attempt

Pin 1 - White
Pin 2 - Black
Casing - Shield & Red

2nd attempt

Pin 1 - Black
Pin 2 -White
Casing - Shield & Red

3rd attempt

Pin 1 - White
Pin 2 - Red
Casing - Shield & Black

So far , the 1st attempt was the one I had the best luck with ... it had keyup , but no audio . The other 2 attempts had no keyup at all , and obviously no audio ... lol .

According to the Turner wiring book the white wire is the "mic audio" , the black wire is "grounded in transmit" , the red wire is "grounded in receive" , and the shield wire is the "ground" .

Try this:

1=W
2=B&R
Spring = shield

This came from the original Turner wiring manual.

Attachments

• turner_mic_wiring_book.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
Reactions: Raccoon

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.