• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello Old/new Cb'er new to forum.

Sounds reasonable except for the “stinger board” If you want a little extra power, go with an external amp and have your radio’s power lowered to match it. There’s enough going on inside that radio. You’re merely taking away the internal speaker and replacing it with extra heat. Heat kills. The goal is to keep things cool and clean as possible, both physically and distortion free. Stinger boards fail in those regards. Besides, the small amount of extra power they produce will make little to no difference on the listeners end.

Thanks sunbulls I have been reading and leaning that way possibly a 203. I am researching info now on the 29lx to do a variable dead key mod so i can run an amp and still talk bearfoot.

Welcome Happy ! I ran an A-99 when parked mounted to my ladder on my 34' Winnie ( well bonded ) that's the key ! I had a crappy base loaded antenna mounted on the side behind drivers seat , I got it but was a PIA to get it right till I bonded that also ( mounted in Alum support ) . Just me , but get a cheap A-99 when parked . It worked for me and on ladder easy to change over .jmo;)
I did the same thing except I mounted a 18 ft CB Shakespeare on a marine fold down base mount. It worked great until forgot to fold it down one day before leaving. Bang!...oops

Sun ,How many times have we left a Camp Ground and seen someone driving off w/ their Tv antenna up ( Back in the Day ) .I use to have an air craft tag on mine that said " Remove before Flight " !:LOL:

Reactions: Rwb and sunbulls
Big block chebbies were always thirsty.when i was a kid we ran some c65 with 366,427,and 454 never over 9 mpg in any of em

How does that thing do on starters? I had a 78 Chevy 454 and that thing ate starters, at least once a year replace!
our 366 did ok,427 n 454 were bad on starters .seen the 454 bust a couple too.we carried an extra starter in 1 truck

Ratt , just like yours , I carried a spare w/me as we did a lot of Non-campground camping sometimes on top of Mountains in Vt , I got stuck once and that was the last time ! I had to wrap it in a thermal blanket to keep the heat off it , it would melt the solenoid right off it . Like you said until I did that almost one a year !

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.