• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello Old/new Cb'er new to forum.

About 20 years ago a commercial building near here came up for sale. It had been a 1970s franchise 'quick' market, then a greasy-spoon restaurant. When they decided to close and move out I contacted their real estate agent. He was a guy famous for setting up transactions that used the equity in your existing property to swing the down payment on a new one. This would be the only way I could swing it. It seemed nearly ideal, with a cemetery on two sides of the property, and a funeral home on the remaining side. Closest residences were across a fairly-wide street. Seemed close to the ideal spot to run some power without disturbing apartment dwellers next door.

But the deal fell through. Didn't feel too bad about it, since the buyer paid cash in full while I was trying to conjure up a leveraged purchase. That Amvets post that bought it had a fairly stout piggy bank, so I knew I was out of my league there.

But a cemetery is the ultimate quiet neighbor. And no risk of TVI complaints.

And yeah, the Amvets post is still there.

About 20 years ago a commercial building near here came up for sale. It had been a 1970s franchise 'quick' market, then a greasy-spoon restaurant. When they decided to close and move out I contacted their real estate agent. He was a guy famous for setting up transactions that used the equity in your existing property to swing the down payment on a new one. This would be the only way I could swing it. It seemed nearly ideal, with a cemetery on two sides of the property, and a funeral home on the remaining side. Closest residences were across a fairly-wide street. Seemed close to the ideal spot to run some power without disturbing apartment dwellers next door.

But the deal fell through. Didn't feel too bad about it, since the buyer paid cash in full while I was trying to conjure up a leveraged purchase. That Amvets post that bought it had a fairly stout piggy bank, so I knew I was out of my league there.

But a cemetery is the ultimate quiet neighbor. And no risk of TVI complaints.

And yeah, the Amvets post is still there.

extreme privacy

... Your Audience would be buried in Awe of your Radio Checks...

Even good soil conductivity - you would have conducted some good business there...

... Traffic flow would have been interesting...

No one ever dies trying to get out of it either...they're already...er - gone...

To some, it may happen, trying to get in next door to you though...

Reactions: Rwb
... Your Audience would be buried in Awe of your Radio Checks...

Even good soil conductivity - you would have conducted some good business there...

... Traffic flow would have been interesting...

No one ever dies trying to get out of it either...they're already...er - gone...

To some, it may happen, trying to get in next door to you though...
good point

So I should move my business to the closest cemetery and put up a tower there? I just don’t see me winning that argument with the owner of that land, the people who’ve bought plots and the city council. They don’t like me none too good already.

Then let them know that the transportation costs of placement and transfer are minimal...

... Then offer them a job working for you at that location - you've been considering 24 hour operation and you need someone to work the "Graveyard shift"

Oh! you can even provide location "wings" - like Manson Mansion Estates...
Special treatment for Permanent Residents wanting to take up Permanent Residence.

So I should move my business to the closest cemetery and put up a tower there? I just don’t see me winning that argument with the owner of that land, the people who’ve bought plots and the city council. They don’t like me none too good already.
Maybe you could start a cemetary around the shop you have now?

Reactions: sunbulls and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.