• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HELP: NEED 2 HAVE GALEXY J7 PERX WITH BROKEN CHARGING PORT REPAIRED

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
I've owned a Galaxy j7 perx since their release. The one I own now is the third, and they've all needed to be replaced because of a broken charging port. I checked YouTube and there is a simple repair, and a more complicated one that consist of replacing the port. The simple repair consist of opening the phone, removing the back via a few screws, and using a pliers to crimp the port so that the charging plug fits snugly into the port as it did when the phone was new. Because of my disability I cannot do the repair, and don't have anyone in my family, or friends circle that are technically inclined to do the repair. I called several smartphone repair shops, and was told they didn't do the repair and that I should just buy a new phone. I'm tired of spending $150 every few months or so on a new phone. If my memory serves me right the j7 perx I'm using now is only around seven months old. The common problem all three of my j7 perx have is that the port to charge the phone has been bent out of shape a bit, and it will only charge if I hold the charging wire input plug to the left. I've been using a piece of duct tape in order to pull the plug a bit to the left, but that's definitely getting old fast! I thought about switching over to an Apple iPhone 7 as my service provider Boost Mobile now offers the Apple. I found several new prepaid Boost Mobile Apple iPhone 7's on eBay 4 around $160, but I'd rather not have to spend that kind of money on a phone the j7's I own can be repaired. Is there anyone out there willing to do the repair for me? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. PS. If I didn't have more than one broken Galaxy J 7 perx I would absolutely purchase another or go with the Apple 7. Since I have more than one I will not be without a phone like I would be if I only had this single j7 perx. I can keep this one activated, and be driven crazy trying to charge it while I wait for one of the other ones to be repaired. Any other advice besides offering to repair it for me would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Chris. I'm going to hit eBay and purchase one. All I need to do is get the plug to work once. If I have to I will glue the charging input plug to the port itself in order to get it to charge. For under $10 it's definitely worth a try. I'll let you know how it worked out. Thanks again.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.