• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with cobra 29 ltd classic

cottentop

Nov 21, 2008
the panhandel of WV
HI i have 1 for you tech i have a cobr 29 ltd classic side mic it was working just fine tuned up with a 5 watt DK swing to almoast 15 watts yest the radio was also cliped that is all my buddy used it in his big truck a month or so now ti keys up and swing the same but audio is real low and nothing comes from the speaker no speaker is good as wen i try the pa i git audio from cb channel and also my voice thru pa dont know if this is right the only way i can git audio from speaker si to ground ext sp to chassie of radio but then audio is good for 5 feet but after that it dies off also this gives me talkback that souns good stil a good out put dont know what my problem might be i dont think it is audio ic help

if you can get audio from the speaker at all, and if your voice comes through the PA speaker, then the audio chip is most likely not your problem.

to me it sounds like this radio has talkback installed, which is not a factory installed feature.
there might be wires coming loose from the PC board, or from the switch body itself.

it could also be that one of these wires is touching the metal case of the radio either at the point where the wires connect to the PC board or at the switch.

look for two wires soldered to the PC board near where the external speaker and PA speaker jacks are.
these two wires probably run to a switch of some kind.

check these first and if you dont have any luck, try flexing the radio a bit, and very gently pushing on the PC board to try and recreate the stresses of a radio mounted in a vehicle.

good luck,
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.