• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Helping the cb revival along

That 980 is starting to sound like a real good idea.

That’s THE go-to recommendation. Build a system around it. (Get stupid buying more radios later). Base or mobile.

$180 retail. $120-$140 on a search.

With an RM-Italy KL203 + West Mountain Radio ClearSpeech DSP speaker it’ll outperform any $500 mythical “Big Radio”

Stable, and satisfying.

Directly to the title of this thread, I like to recommend the Farpoint Farms vid on the 980 as a sales tool

Remember those under-counter clock radios for the kitchen? Seems a natural location in a house. A power supply up behind it. 15A-20A will cover radio, amp & speaker.

The Uniden BC906 Wireless Microphone/Speaker seems an obvious adjunct.

I’ll note that several prominent online “CB Shops” (with retail storefronts) offer the more popular vertical antennas. Have done so for years. That speaks to immediate satisfaction.

Family cars, next.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2NC995 and Tokin
That’s THE go-to recommendation. Build a system around it. (Get stupid buying more radios later). Base or mobile.

$180 retail. $120-$140 on a search.

With an RM-Italy KL203 + West Mountain Radio ClearSpeech DSP speaker it’ll outperform any $500 mythical “Big Radio”

Stable, and satisfying.

Directly to the title of this thread, I like to recommend the Farpoint Farms vid on the 980 as a sales tool

Remember those under-counter clock radios for the kitchen? Seems a natural location in a house. A power supply up behind it. 15A-20A will cover radio, amp & speaker.

The Uniden BC906 Wireless Microphone/Speaker seems an obvious adjunct.

I’ll note that several prominent online “CB Shops” (with retail storefronts) offer the more popular vertical antennas. Have done so for years. That speaks to immediate satisfaction.

Family cars, next.

Ive heard so much good about the 980 im going to buy one soon. I have a lead on one for $50 new in box but its in storage and the owner is away.
The "get stupid" part is fun (y)
The next step for me would be a 2950dx

Cryptic Cricket video
The 102” Whip Base Station Antenna

Found this vid linked in another thread. (Binrat, thx)
Post stated reason for link to this video was the attention to grounding, etc.

Hard to beat the simplicity. And, fairly stealthy.

This approach makes a base station antenna E-Z as a beginning.

(Edit: sorry, can’t get link to post).

Last edited:
Ive heard so much good about the 980 im going to buy one soon. I have a lead on one for $50 new in box but its in storage and the owner is away.
The "get stupid" part is fun (y)
The next step for me would be a 2950dx

There can be radios where some regret exists after purchase.
This isn’t one of them.

One can’t spend the same or less for equal performance, but one could spend more and receive less

(A CB without SSB isn’t worth purchasing).

Reactions: n8fgb
I think I spent $130 shipped for maco 5/8 gp and it was easy to set up, did it myself. Hardest part was reading the directions :DIts mounted to a simple 20' galvanized pole and works good. My ears arent as good as some but that will change when I get my Will-Burt 60' pneumatic mast in the air. It still needs a few repairs to the locking system before I can put air to it.
20200529_083037.jpg 20200529_083016.jpg

Thank you, HA. I was hoping you’d wander past.

It’s one thing to try & “sell” Radio (concept), it’s another to follow thru with some recommendations.

Anyone recommend a decent 20A power supply to mount up under a kitchen cabinet with radio & speaker? Long-term reliable, but not too expensive?

Megawatt has a 30a, the s-350/12 for $58 to your door unless your state taxes you.
So far im happy with my megawatts.
http://www.megawattpowersupplies.com/

Toke , # 1 if you don't buy that 980 , send me the link/phone# please ! I'm in ! :) & as far as Ham Radio Freq's after over 50 years in this hobby I have radios that will Transmit/Receive on " All " bands ! It's my fault I haven't got " My Ticket " yet ! I put a lot of things off & getting to old to deal w/ BS . :whistle: I like to listen to the Hams , maybe that's why I haven't done my home work yet ? Some nights nothing they chat about impress's me . (?) I have better thing to do than chat about & So-239/259 for hours . ( Just Me ) . I have also listened to Ham Freq's that sound like Ch 19 am ! Go Figure ? The only time I keyed a mic on a Ham Freq was thru a Dummy Load to check my radio's . Most I have is Junk/Antique anyway ( except my 2m Yaezooo. :LOL:). Unless the SHTF ! I'll never chat on a ham freq un-licensed . (jmo) & believe me I have a lot of Ham Friends pushing me , I just give them their respect for their work they did to get licensed . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Toke , # 1 if you don't buy that 980 , send me the link/phone# please ! I'm in ! :) & as far as Ham Radio Freq's after over 50 years in this hobby I have radios that will Transmit/Receive on " All " bands ! It's my fault I haven't got " My Ticket " yet ! I put a lot of things off & getting to old to deal w/ BS . :whistle: I like to listen to the Hams , maybe that's why I haven't done my home work yet ? Some nights nothing they chat about impress's me . (?) I have better thing to do than chat about & So-239/259 for hours . ( Just Me ) . I have also listened to Ham Freq's that sound like Ch 19 am ! Go Figure ? The only time I keyed a mic on a Ham Freq was thru a Dummy Load to check my radio's . Most I have is Junk/Antique anyway ( except my 2m Yaezooo. :LOL:). Unless the SHTF ! I'll never chat on a ham freq un-licensed . (jmo) & believe me I have a lot of Ham Friends pushing me , I just give them their respect for their work they did to get licensed . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo
I remind the lady every few weeks that im still interested. Im hoping I bug her enough that she doesnt forget me lol.

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated