• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

High / Low AM adjustment

Plumber-G

Plumber-G
Nov 17, 2012
Hello

I have been playing with my 959, I can adjust the AM TX high power to about 9 watts and when I try to adjust TX low power to 1-2 watts I can only get it to about 5 watts.
Is there any way to change the 4 watt spread?? or am I doing something wrong??

Thanks

Robb
That works but of course I am trying to squeeze every watt out of the unit. But would like the luxury of dropping the output if I want run a amp.

I am beginning to think it's better to tune them up stock and just buy a amp:)

I would not run more than a 5 watt carrier out of that radio. Both adjustments affect each other. Higher carrier could be hurting your performance. Buy a amp if you want more power.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Robb
That works but of course I am trying to squeeze every watt out of the unit. But would like the luxury of dropping the output if I want run a amp.

I am beginning to think it's better to tune them up stock and just buy a amp:)
Squeezing every last watt out of any radio by turning up the dead key too high just ensures having to buy another final. No more than 5w, and better still if you run it at not more than 4w.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?