• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

High Power FET Mobile Amp

Mosfets have not really caught on for illegal 11m use here in the USA. Most decent amps are still running 2879's, 2290's or 1446 finals.

If your really in the market for a quality built amplifier then there are several at this site. Here is one link as an example.

Ameritron

And here is a link for more of the outlaw 11m amplifiers. A 450 model is the largest they make however.

http://www.xforceamps.com/category/Mosfets-77

I am not a big fan of mosfet anything really but that's what we are stuck with now for radio's.

A local here has the ALS600 with 10 metres. It sure works great.
edit to add: I ran the MF200 for a spell and it wasn't bad, nothing compared to 2879 pilled amp but still did the job well.

get ahold of john denver ,he can get you one .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8UOL8u2ics

dsc02619ki.jpg

Hi Guys,

I did state in my original post 12v.

I'm not too sure I'd get much out of a big 50v LDMOS from a 12v rail!

I did think about powering a 50v PA with one of these rascals:

battery chargers, fuel cell converters - SU13 Step Up DC/DC Converter Listings - Zahn Electronics, Inc. Products

Geoff,

Your man does not list any FET amps!

Re Superior Amps, are they built by John Denver?

I've followed all the past posts and You Tube videos on these amp's from the early days.

It does seem at the very least that the internal wiring's been tidied up somewhat!

In one of his videos it states requiring a driver of around 100w, is that carrier or pep?

Has anyone independent of the manufacturer measured the pep output of the 16-FET box?

Do you think one can see a reasonably clean 1kW+ pep out of it?

Does Superior Amp's / JD have a website?

Someone please feel free to pass on my e-mail and get him to mail me:

info@transmittersrus.com

I'm in London, England but have an address in Vacaville, CA if the guy does not want to ship International.

Unit 148

yes they have tidy them up quite a bit since the prototype .
try this for an email and put superior amps in the subject line
computer.king.sd@gmail.com

thats his paypal address but those are usually email addresses as well .this 21 mosfet box can be bought for 850.00

didnt you watch the video??

if you cant reach him pm me and i will ask for his email addy or phone number .says he has some ready to ship out .i guess he is friends with the builder .

were you able to reach him?if not i will ask for his official email but i am pretty sure its the same as his paypal id .
those amps are tempting thats for sure .high peak watts with a low amperage draw ,great for guys without alot of amps under the hood .
you can catch john denver on ch28 when skip is rolling usually talking on the mosfet box ,chances are you already heard it and didnt even know .

Hi FNKY,

No response from him at his PayPal address so would appreciate it if you can find a direct e-mail address for me.

Feel free to pm me if you prefer.

Tin Can,

Do you gave any idea which four FET's are in the output of that Sky Fet 600 as if the same as the Palomar then they may be stretching the numbers somewhat!

Psyco,

Sorry you don't like FET's in the house but with ever increasing voltages being used on these RF devices I'm afraid it's the future, like it or not

Thanks.

Unit 148

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.