• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hilarious!

C W Morse

Apr 3, 2005
Retired
I was driving up I-77 in South Carolina this afternoon when I passed the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile. It looked so funny to see this gigantic hot dog driving along. All the truckers were commenting about it. I wonder how many of these things Mayer has of these things. :p

CWM

It must be making its rounds , It was in Savannah a week or 2 ago . Thats one big weiner .

Imagine putting 10k's on either end with a 'lil "HEAT".......would that make it a "Hot Dog"??

Or a Yaesu FT-7800R for those wanting a "Back to basics" approach :LOL: :LOL: .... A "Ham'd Dog"???

Sorry but could not resist.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Snoope back quiet

Yes I borrowed the info from my HRO catalog 8) ;) ;)

About 5 years ago I got to go inside one of those. They are just like a motor home inside. If I remember correctly I think the people told me there were 8 of those. It was pretty neat as when I was a little boy they were a big thing. That was between 30-40 years ago :shock:

WOW WAYNE,

You had me laughing so hard the dog had to come over to wash my tears away.......you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad..

CW,
Thank you for starting a funny thread :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .

Snoope back quiet

Hambone , Sorry you missed the big dog , It was a couple of weeks ago . You from the area or just passing thru ?

I saw on at a Price Chopper up here in the Capital Region of New York. I got to look inside and it is just like a mobile home. They told me all it was a Ford F-150 with an extended back.

A few facts..................................

According to the Kraft Foods website, the Wienermobile(s) are
on Chevrolet 5.7, 350 V8 motorhome chassis. There is a whole history on this humorous truck at:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/om/Wienermobile_main.htm

(Sorry Ford fans)

Pretty interesting. Ya know, this harks back to a simpler time in America. It is nice to see a company sell a successful product, generate fun and goodwill for kids and adults alike, and
make people smile. If you see this hotdog motoring up the road, your first reaction when you see it in the distance is "What th'......... is THAT thing?" Then as you get closer and realize what it is, who can help smiling and chuckling at the sight, and for a brief moment, becoming a kid again? Or humming, "Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner". The people who operate that vehicle simply must have a ball!
:D :p
CWM

The Wienermobile has been around sence the early/mid 70's. They have a whole fleet of them. First one I seen was in 1973, at a Minyards Grocery that I was a "sack boy" at. (my first job) It was there for the weekend. Back then, the inside looked alot like the outside, only with no paint...just a lot of fiberglass, and a cage that the driver sat in. Reminded me of the inside of a NasCar. Been seeing them around Dallas now for awhile also.

Time Line

Actually according to Kraft's website, it is has been around since the 1930's. They have used a variety of chassis from Dodge to Willys Jeep to Chevrolet (current). Chevrolet---they were bound to find a "weiner", I mean, winner, eventually! :D :p

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.