• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hostess

My brother-in-law is one of the laid off Hostess workers, after 25 years with the company he has nothing to show. He insists that the majority of the union workers at least here in central Florida wanted to approve a new contract with Hostess and it's subsidiaries, taking the cuts to preserve their jobs during this sluggish economy. He's fifty-five with a host of medical issues, will be without insurance in a few months unless he pays out of pocket and his pension or what's left of it will likely go before federal arbitration to determine whether he receives anything in retirement. Thankfully he has some savings so at this point he's applying for unemployment hopeful that he'll land a job in the near future.

Ya know on Friday morning i bought the variety box of that company there soo good !!! What's even better is the pasteries but i can't have too many

hey i hear you..
I said Yum Yum..
Not that i eat them much anymore..

I spent the last year losing 130 lbs

Herd today that it's looking like Flowers Bakery is going to try and buy the Twinkie Brand...Maybe they will hire some of the workers too...

Although I doubt it.....

7-11 is also hiring night help. (you have to supply your own gun tho)

Herd today that it's looking like Flowers Bakery is going to try and buy the Twinkie Brand...Maybe they will hire some of the workers too...

Although I doubt it.....

I went to target to grocery shop and can you believe the small isle where hostess was full of new gross looking hispanic sweets ??? Dont get me wrong some of it is good but what was up was yukky

Although I doubt it.....

well, I doubt it too,......... I would never hire someone that supported a strike and forced their previous employer to close,........... jus sayin

Omg I can't believe these idiots on eBay trying to sell a box of ding dongs for $75,000 yes that's right seventy five thousand dollars!
Isn't there some sort of law or anything illegal trying to sell food like its solid gold ?

The inbred assholes around here started hoarding ammo and buying large amounts of guns when Obama was reelected......didn't these pricks learn anything from the 2008 election. That kind of paranoia ruins it for the responsible gun owners like me and the majority.
$75,000 for Ding Dongs is probably being bought to go with the 100 cases of .223 ammo!
Hostess will be back when the union nimrods come back to their senses.
I eat a very special diet so the ding dong and twinkie shortage won't affect me.

The inbred assholes around here started hoarding ammo and buying large amounts of guns when Obama was reelected......didn't these pricks learn anything from the 2008 election. That kind of paranoia ruins it for the responsible gun owners like me and the majority.
$75,000 for Ding Dongs is probably being bought to go with the 100 cases of .223 ammo!
Hostess will be back when the union nimrods come back to their senses.
I eat a very special diet so the ding dong and twinkie shortage won't affect me.

(y)

Have any of you actually worked for Hostess Brands?
I did for 10+ years. I walked away and found new employment in March of this year. That was a very hard thing to do after 10+ years with a company, but it had to be done.
Now the failure of Hostess has everything to due with the management. How many companies go through 6 C.E.O.'s in the last 8 years?
Unless you actually worked for Hostess Brands, formally Interstate Brands Corporation you really don't know how bad the working conditions were. During the first bankruptcy of Hostess all of the Teamsters route sales representatives took a $5668.00 pay cut per year to help Hostess get back on there feet. We also took a major reduction in health care coverage and a major increase in our health care cost.
I went from bringing home around $450.00 a week to around $327.00 a week. I still did the same job everyday as before the concessions took place. Management took no concessions and gave themselves raises and bonuses while the company was still failing to be competitive in the marketplace.
In February of this year all Teamsters route sales representatives were informed that Hostess Brands had stopped contributing to there pension fund since October of 2011. The management gave themselves bonuses again with the stolen pension funds. A month later Hostess Brands filed for its second bankruptcy.
As I was not a bakery worker, I can't comment on what was taken away from them.(wages, insurance, pensions etc.)
I do see negativity to-wards unions on this topic. I have worked in a union for the last 15 years. What is wrong with a group of employees coming together to fairly negotiate with there employer. One seems to forget that any company who has union workers has negotiated and agreed to the terms set forth in that employees union contract. Most union contracts have a no strike clause. I have always believed if your not happy in your current job then look for something better.
I didn't think it was very responsible of the Bakery Confection Union to hold a strike. But the way Hostess just up and closed like it did showed me it no longer wanted to operate as a company.
I feel very sorry for all the employees of Hostess Brands (union and non-union) who have lost there jobs.

Have any of you actually worked for Hostess Brands?
I did for 10+ years. I walked away and found new employment in March of this year. That was a very hard thing to do after 10+ years with a company, but it had to be done.
Now the failure of Hostess has everything to due with the management. How many companies go through 6 C.E.O.'s in the last 8 years?
Unless you actually worked for Hostess Brands, formally Interstate Brands Corporation you really don't know how bad the working conditions were. During the first bankruptcy of Hostess all of the Teamsters route sales representatives took a $5668.00 pay cut per year to help Hostess get back on there feet. We also took a major reduction in health care coverage and a major increase in our health care cost.
I went from bringing home around $450.00 a week to around $327.00 a week. I still did the same job everyday as before the concessions took place. Management took no concessions and gave themselves raises and bonuses while the company was still failing to be competitive in the marketplace.
In February of this year all Teamsters route sales representatives were informed that Hostess Brands had stopped contributing to there pension fund since October of 2011. The management gave themselves bonuses again with the stolen pension funds. A month later Hostess Brands filed for its second bankruptcy.
As I was not a bakery worker, I can't comment on what was taken away from them.(wages, insurance, pensions etc.)
I do see negativity to-wards unions on this topic. I have worked in a union for the last 15 years. What is wrong with a group of employees coming together to fairly negotiate with there employer. One seems to forget that any company who has union workers has negotiated and agreed to the terms set forth in that employees union contract. Most union contracts have a no strike clause. I have always believed if your not happy in your current job then look for something better.
I didn't think it was very responsible of the Bakery Confection Union to hold a strike. But the way Hostess just up and closed like it did showed me it no longer wanted to operate as a company.
I feel very sorry for all the employees of Hostess Brands (union and non-union) who have lost there jobs.

BRAVO!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.