• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hostess

Have any of you actually worked for Hostess Brands?
I did for 10+ years. I walked away and found new employment in March of this year. That was a very hard thing to do after 10+ years with a company, but it had to be done.
Now the failure of Hostess has everything to due with the management. How many companies go through 6 C.E.O.'s in the last 8 years?
Unless you actually worked for Hostess Brands, formally Interstate Brands Corporation you really don't know how bad the working conditions were. During the first bankruptcy of Hostess all of the Teamsters route sales representatives took a $5668.00 pay cut per year to help Hostess get back on there feet. We also took a major reduction in health care coverage and a major increase in our health care cost.
I went from bringing home around $450.00 a week to around $327.00 a week. I still did the same job everyday as before the concessions took place. Management took no concessions and gave themselves raises and bonuses while the company was still failing to be competitive in the marketplace.
In February of this year all Teamsters route sales representatives were informed that Hostess Brands had stopped contributing to there pension fund since October of 2011. The management gave themselves bonuses again with the stolen pension funds. A month later Hostess Brands filed for its second bankruptcy.
As I was not a bakery worker, I can't comment on what was taken away from them.(wages, insurance, pensions etc.)
I do see negativity to-wards unions on this topic. I have worked in a union for the last 15 years. What is wrong with a group of employees coming together to fairly negotiate with there employer. One seems to forget that any company who has union workers has negotiated and agreed to the terms set forth in that employees union contract. Most union contracts have a no strike clause. I have always believed if your not happy in your current job then look for something better.
I didn't think it was very responsible of the Bakery Confection Union to hold a strike. But the way Hostess just up and closed like it did showed me it no longer wanted to operate as a company.
I feel very sorry for all the employees of Hostess Brands (union and non-union) who have lost there jobs.

Looks like they got their management methods from the government.

I must say "UNION YES" the owners of Hostess know the operating cost and they blew it. I do refrigeration work and make a good living at a skilled trade. I work on refrigeration equipment controled by computer equipment. I have many skills. Sort of a jack of all trades. nights, holidays, weekends 24 hr days and long weeks in the summer heat followed by cold roof tops. Most bosses would pay you shit with no bennies. non union 10.00 to 15.00 hr bad health care .. Union 85.00 hr complete package and retire with dignity. 85.00 a month per year of service retire and average 20,000 year in anunity great health care. Union Yes all the way................(y)

I guess I'm the only @@@@@@ who can't wait for hostess to restock the shelves.

Sent from my SCH-i605 on Verizon 4G LTE.

Lets try this again

uploadfromtaptalk1367618554812.jpg

Sent from my SCH-i605 on Verizon 4G LTE.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.