• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HOW ABOUT JUST A CW FORUM???

K8PG

The Outer Limits
Jul 7, 2006
Chatham MI. EN66mi
lLIKE WHAT WAS THE DX WE WORKED AND WHAT BAND,WHAT THE PROPAGATION INDEX WAS ,LONG PATH OR SHORT PATH POWER USED ,HOW BIG A PILE UP ETC............ 73
DE-K8PG-Paul-CW LIVES :) :?:

CW OLD OR NEW- ITS WHAT YOU MAKE IT

i guess its old for you,but you probly cant copy or send squatt!!! those that know and work cw its new every day
I GUESS YOU DONT HAVE A REAL CALL YET OM???

DE-K8PG-PAUL-CW LIVES
CU ON 7.032MHZ +/- QRM-QRQ 35-70WPM
NOT PC GENERATED OR SENT 8) ;)

I think I'd be more receptive to CW if everyone had to take a CW written send and receive test at 5WPM :p

... -.-. .-. . .-- -.-. --- -.. .

Are you game?

I have notfied Novakor about you request as I believe it would fall under "Ham Contacts", maybe a sub-section.. He would be the one to talk to. I can see how that info would be good between CW operators. I think CW could be a fun mode to work . But I also realize it isn't everyones mode of choice.

CW-A-1-CODE

Yes cw is not for everyone,I grew up on it,different strokes for different folks.When I was in the Navy I can count on my hand the times we had to use cw,One time the FM satcom would not connect,so we cobbled up the xcvr and made it work on FSK and then we were able to get extracted from the HZ.Another time we needed to get fresh supplies and ammo out Harris FM rig again didnt work,we changed it to FSK and got our supplies dropped in.The Great thing about cw is its a UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE, and does not take much RF to communicate,all the OTs know cw if your a radioman or ET ,Maybee not so today though,it has saved my XXX a few times HI HI-73 /GL es DX
DE-K8PG-Paul CW LIVES
QRQ 7.032MHZ.+/- QRM
35>70 WPM LETS HAVE A SKED
I DO QRS,SLOW SPEEDS ARE FUN TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :) 8)

Hello K8PG we do have a "SKED" section near the top of amateur section,i'm not sure if this is what your looking for. I can always make a separate "sticky" for CW in amateur section.
Sonwatcher as far as the "Ham Contacts" it was intended for are Ham contest which haven't turned out so well,i'm still not sure if it's worth the time and effort doing ham contest. :roll:

After looking at the section I realized it was for contest contacts. As far as the contest I know I am limited with VHF conditions. Can't wait to get on HF and be able to get out there ! :)

NOVAKOR

Hello OM:
Iam not a contester I call them QRMTESTS,THEY think THEY OWN THE WHOLE SPECTRUM during contests,A BUNCH OF RUDE OPERATORS AND SOME BIG TIME LIDS.i JUST THOUGHT A PLACE WERE CW OPRS COULD MAKE COMMENTS OR HELP OTHERS LEARNING THE BEST MODE hi hi, i DO the 160 mtr cw dx contest once in a while if I hear a needed all time new coutry,but then your dealing with BIG GUN ,MEGGA BUCK stations with 4 square 1/2 wave verticals and listen to them GLOATING.Some of these guys think they are running a commercial station ?? Take Care 73
DE-K8PG-Paul-CW LIVES
They should have 50 KHZ to work in,then they can qrmthem selfs

K8PG hey fellow ham thanks for the kind words........i'm a contester :?

On edit: Contesting is fun and is what really sparked my interest in amateur radio...........but i guess in your eyes i'm rude and not worthy :roll: This kind of attitude should help promote the hobby :shock:

I call them QRMTESTS,THEY think THEY OWN THE WHOLE SPECTRUM during contests,A BUNCH OF RUDE OPERATORS AND SOME BIG TIME LIDS.

K8PG hey fellow ham thanks for the kind words........i'm a contester

I guess this rules out a CW sub-section in "ham contacts" LOL !

I like contests. It's fun when you get into it. But to each his own.
Wow, imagine a CW contest on 1 freq and the band is wide open ! :shock: It would sound like 200 pinball machines going off at once ! :D

QRMTESTERS -CONTESTS

HOW MANY CONTESTS HAVE YOU BEEN IN? HAVE YOU EVER RAN A NET ON A DESIGNATED FREQ.TO PASS MESSAGES AND BEEN PURPOSLY QRMED i DIDNT SAY ALL CONTESTERS WERE RUDE AND LIDS JUST A LARGE PART OF THEM ARE,WHAT FUN IS IT TO GET A 1,000 REPORTS OF 59/599 YOUR # 1234567890 CQ QRMTEST IAM THE ELITE XXXXXXX! AND OWN THIS FREQ. A PLACE FOR ALL OPERATIONS ,LIKE I SAID THEY NEED TO BE USING A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF BANDWIDTH NOT THE WHOLE BAND! I CAN AND KNOW A LOT OF OTHER CRACK CW OPERATORS THAT CAN COPY MULTIPLE CW SIGNALS ON THE SAME FREQ IT ALL HAS TO DO WITH FILTERING IN THE RIG AND BRAIN,I MYSELF HAVE COPIED 9 DIFFERENT QS ON THE SAME FREQ, AT THE SAME TIME. DO YOU LIKE THOUSANDS OF OTHER SIGNALS INTERFERING WITH YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND THEY ARE JUST AFTER A STUPID # AND A CONSTANT RST! RADIO IS NOT CONTESTING TO MOST AMATEURES,BUILDING,EXPERIMENTING,DXING,ELMERING,TEACHING,R/Rs INTERNATIONAL GOODWILL, MESSAGE HANDLING,DIGITAL MODES,CLUB MEETINGS ETC IS HAM RADIO
IF YOU LISTEN ON A CONTEST DAY ALL IT IS ,IS CHAOS AND BEDLEM AND WHO CAN MAKE THE MOST QRM!!!!!
DE-K8PG-Paul CW LIVES :D

I see no harm in having a CW section. CW is nothing more than another operating mode with a radio. I have created a section on CW but it is not to argue if CW is "bad or good" instead it is a section to discuss activity or inspire interest in CW. If you are not interested in CW, DO NOT GO THERE! SIMPLE!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.