• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How does Motormouth Maul get away with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigK, 4040 passed away on July 14, 2014 after suffering a stroke(s).

life is precious, your here one day and gone the next. i know i was involved in a horrible automobile accident that for all intents and purposes pretty much took my life. how I came out i don't know, but I ramble.
wJGpkWL.jpg

Great sounding Station. I miss his Watergates, R.I.P.

W2EKG - Wow. Snitches get stitches? Interesting choice of words. I hope that isn’t a veiled threat to anyone that would report an extraordinarily illegal operator on the 11 meter band. MMM isn't all that remote when he takes over the channel I use to talk to some friends locally from 3000 miles away. That's why I originally asked this question.

Not that snitching to the FCC would do much good anyway.

Last edited:
Can you actually have 3 simultaneous "fundamental" signals ?:whistle:

You sure can have more than one signal on the air at once if there is a spur in the transmitter. I once had a 450mHz radio link that developed a spur when the SWR went sky high in an ice storm. The PA section went into oscillations and developed a spur right smack dab on the input frequency to the local fire dept. paging frequency. Somehow it kept triggering the paging system. I got a call one night from a service tech who traced the signal on his spectrum analyzer and realized it was us. I have seen some transmitters that when looked at with a spectrum analyzer, the frequency output along the bottom of the screen looked like grass growing with all the spurs. LOL As long as the following stages will pass all the frequencies they will all be transmitted.

Reactions: NZ8N
W2EKG - Wow. Snitches get stitches? Interesting choice of words. I hope that isn’t a veiled threat to anyone that would report an extraordinarily illegal operator on the 11 meter band. MMM isn't all that remote when he takes over the channel I use to talk to some friends locally from 3000 miles away. That's why I originally asked this question.

Not that snitching to the FCC would do much good anyway.
"Veiled threat," not at all, speaking in generalities of CB's outlaw subculture, it is what it is.

Maybe you should PM him on YT, or FB, inform him he's splattering, and can he dial it back?

543_Dallas – I didn’t take it as a threat either, I was really just pickin’ at him. You are right though about radio attracting some interesting characters.

I was reading another sites forum earlier and a Ham said that every chance he gets he will break off a CB antenna because he hates CBer’s. You’re right. It’s crazy out there.

Reactions: walterjn
W2EKG – This was the first time I’ve ever heard him. I really don’t care what he does and if it becomes a problem me and all my friends will find another channel to talk on.

When I emailed him and told him what channel I heard him on he said it was an imposter.

I really was just kidding about the veiled threat comment. I don’t have a good sense of humor and often times when I think something is funny others are looking at me wondering what kind of terrible person I am. So, it’s all good.

Reactions: walterjn
543_Dallas – I didn’t take it as a threat either, I was really just pickin’ at him. You are right though about radio attracting some interesting characters.

I was reading another sites forum earlier and a Ham said that every chance he gets he will break off a CB antenna because he hates CBer’s. You’re right. It’s crazy out there.

People like him are sad. They hate they hate the CB culture so much they obsess over everything the CBers are doing when they could be enjoying radio. I hope he finds a big coiled cb antenna with a little neon light on the tip crammed through his radiator.

I hear MMM all the time here in the Dallas area whether he's on 6 or 28, but not once have I ever herd him bleeding from one channel to the next, so I find it hard to believe he bleeds on anyone else. John is very particular with the way his station sounds, which is why I find this hard to believe.

Now there are a few around, particularly some guys in the Jersey area that I have herd bleed 5 or 6 channels on me, and one guy in Georgia.

Reactions: 144inBama and NZ8N
I hear MMM all the time here in the Dallas area whether he's on 6 or 28, but not once have I ever herd him bleeding from one channel to the next, so I find it hard to believe he bleeds on anyone else. John is very particular with the way his station sounds, which is why I find this hard to believe.

Now there are a few around, particularly some guys in the Jersey area that I have herd bleed 5 or 6 channels on me, and one guy in Georgia.

The guy in GA is that Skymaster aka Funky Monkey aka Dr Death aka Prozac Kid?

The guy in GA is that Skymaster aka Funky Monkey aka Dr Death aka Prozac Kid?
Can't remember right off the bat, but I will say it sounds like he keeps the Mic gain wide-open to the point you really can't understand half of what he's saying, and someone should donate a bar of soap to him for his mouth!

....But I'm sure he thinks his station sounds Top Shelf.

Reactions: NZ8N

I've heard him bleed up and down a channel or 2. That's because his audio bandwidth has been widened so much. You can't run 20k wide and not have that happen. He's still doing far less damage than the guy with a much smaller station that bleeds 20 channels.

If the FCC was going to anything about rules enforcement MMM would be way down the list. You have no idea how many stations out there run 10kw or more watts. A few run 50kw and there are a few that run more than that. There are keydown events that have been held at the same place and on the same weekend every year since the late 70s. It's not like it would be hard to nab a bunch of big players all at once. But the FCC is too busy and understaffed. And CB is nearly dead and not much young blood coming in. Kids now days have internet, txt etc etc. Truck drivers are the only reason there are a large variety of new CB radio equipment available. So to answer the original posters question, how does he get away with it, well there are literally hundreds of thousands of violations going on. He is a needle in a stack of needles. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and he isn't squeaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.