• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many hams on the Worldwide Radio Forum?

Yeah,I wasn't quite sure how the CW requirements were for extra and advanced.We can now get full privledges with just 5 wpm and either the Basic theory or the Advanced theory.Basic theory allows us to use up to 560 watts pep or a 160 watt carrier.Advanced theory allows us to build our own transmitters and run up to 2,250 watts pep or a 750 watt carrier.Industry Canada has a really wierd way of stating max power output.They express it as so many watts pep for SSB or so many watts carrier for any carrier type transmission.That could mean 750 watt carrier modulated to 100% for AM.That would be 3,000 watts pep for AM but only 2,250 watts pep for SSB.Either way I like the numbers. ;) Now if I could only make those numbers show on the watt meter. :?

I am in Ontario, Canada and I hold a basic qualification. One of these days I would like to get 5 wpm and also advanced.

Yogi_2864 (ve3rci)

K3BM, do you still CW? or did you just learn the code at 20wpm to pass the test and then forget it?

I was lucky and only only had to do the 5wpm...studied the rest of the material to do the upgrades. I didn't find the code real difficult to learn, but I don't have any use for it, so haven't used it since the test LOL

BTW, a couple years ago when I did the Extra written, the old timer VE (who actually is a well known, published ham) told me the current Extra written is the hardest he's seen in a long time. Might be worth waiting for anyone wanting to upgrade until they re-work it again.... ;)

OK so far we have:
18-Tech.
8-General
1-Advanced
4-Extra
So where do we go from here :?: In order for full participation we need to use something like echolink.voip or irlp. does anyone know how to set up conference call on echolink :?: ,this allows many to be connected at once. I don't know much about echolink, so we must all pull together to make it work. :)
I was just curious because this post has been up for a while and we have enough people to start a net/ragchew. :)
73,Stu

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.