• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many hams on the Worldwide Radio Forum?

How many Ham's in the group

I am a Tech here. Not much interest in HF. Two meter FM is my favorite band and mode. Maybe if the FCC catches up to the rest of the civilized world and the code goes away I might try some HF. Already passed the General written test once but couldnt get through the code before the year ran out. A lack of motivation I think. I see the code requirement comparable to making you learn how to crank start a Model T to get a drivers license. Handy to know if you plan to drive a "T" but just not relevent to modern day transportation. If you like CW thats great. I say keep the CW portions of the bands for those who chose to use it. But knowing CW really has nothing to do with how good a radio operator one is. Anyway enough of that for now. Im off the soapbox for now.
73 and God Bless, John KB9RYI :D

Just upgraded my license to general a week and a half ago. The 5 wpm code test isn't that hard if you just spend a little time studying it.

I'm a tech. Would love to learn how echolink or other methods can work for us. I don't know much about the two methods you mentioned, and I think some of the others here don't as well. Let's do something to get a CDX Net up and going! :)

I have a Tech license , learned the code and I was about to bump up to General class , but I just recently quit Ham radio . I know there's alot of good Hams out there ... but not many of them are living in my area ...

There are alot of Hams here though :shock:

Needless to say , I guess you could say I'm a former Tech .... :LOL:

Add me to the list-- this is a pretty old thread but I figured since its a sticky.....
I'm in Canada-- so I think I would have a Techincians class as you call it in the US-- going for my advanced in a couple of weeks

Bushwacker--VA3WAK-- tech class

Actually Bushwacker since you have full HF priviledges you would be equivalent to a US extra as far as band priviledges go.Just curious why the upgrade to advanced? The only thing you gain is repeater ownership ability and the ability to run up to 2250 watts pep.Maybe I just answered my own question with that. :?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.