• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many hams on the Worldwide Radio Forum?

Technician

Technician here. I have experience only in 11 meters (for 30 years). I would like to start exploring my options for getting into 2 or 6 meter. I would like to get a nice mobile or base to start off with.

Started As a CBer

Started as a CBer and went into Ham radio.

Presently an Extra and also hold a FCC 1st Class Radiotelephone license. The code held me back for awhile, but after trying it wasn't that hard to learn.

CODE THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE!

EXTRA-1972,1 PHONE,RADAR ENDORSEMENT,GDMS-1AND 2
ENDORSEMENT,2ND CLASS RADIO TELEGRAPH -ASC.BS.MS.PHD.
MED.ENG/RF ENG/ARTIFICIAL INTEL.CW IS THE BEST AND ALWAYS WILL BE ! :D
DE-K8PG-Paul CW LIVES :roll:

--. . -. . .-. .- .-.. / -.-. .-.. .- ... ... / .... . .-. . / -... ..- - / .- -.. ...- .. -.. / .---- .---- / -- . - . .-. / ..-. .-. . . -... . .- -. -.. . .-. :roll:

Ham scene is ok, it would be better if we could remember to lighten up and have fun, it is a HOBBY!!!! Although my above post doesnt say this, verbatim, figure it out. Its good practice. :twisted:

Licensed since 1980...Advanced in '81...Extra in '89, primarily so I could get access to the lower 25KHz of each of the HF bands. (I build a lot of my gear and at the time I upgraded it was easier to find clear frequencies in the Extra CW subbands than in the Novice/General segments...definitely helpful when one is running QRP!)

Aside from amateur radio I'm actively involved in SWLing, scanning...CB/FRS/GMRS...anything to do with RF.

Also restore 'vintage' ham and CB gear - mainly, equipment from the early 70's through the late 80's.

attention anyone up around the duluth,mn/ superior,wi area

starting on wed september 27th at 6pm there will be classes for all levels. there will be classes every wednesday night at 6pm - 8pm for 5 weeks. on the 6th week there will be a testing session. classes will be at central high school

cw is $5.00 (see you there)

technition is $5.00 (+$24.95 if you want the book)

general is $5.00 (+$24.95 if you want the book)

extra is $5.00 (+$24.95 if you want the book)

General............never pursued the hobby since passing the exams 10 months ago.
Extra as of 3/10/07......got it just to have it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.