• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many hams on the Worldwide Radio Forum?

Dunno if I'll get code down before it goes away, only need element 1 for my general. I'd like to learn it if I have the time. KC9IUX.

I have a Tech license , learned the code and I was about to bump up to General class , but I just recently quit Ham radio . I know there's alot of good Hams out there ... but not many of them are living in my area ...

There are alot of Hams here though :shock:

Needless to say , I guess you could say I'm a former Tech .... :(

After completely selling all of my Ham equipment and getting over being robbed by two different Ham operators (one a friend) . I am now starting to get back into Ham radio again because I really have alot of friends there that are really good people .... so now I'm starting all over again and re-buying more equipment .... There's a Moral to that story somewhere ... LoL

Anyways ... I'm back on the Amateur air waves again , and I don't think I'll be selling my equipment anytime soon this time .

Extra Class.......back when 20 wpm was required... I'm like a whole lot of other folks here. I have no use for it either.

W5HG

If you hold a current Commercial Radiotelegraph license, issued by the FCC, or if you had one that expired within the last five years, you can get Element 1 credit for an amateur radio license. It doesn't work the other way.

Having passed a 5 WPM code test won't get you any credit for a Commercial Radiotelegraph license.

I hold both First Class Radiotelegraph and First Class Radiotelephone licenses, even though the "First Phone" has been downgraded to GROL.

Just passed the 5 wpm code test, and did the theory last October. General class license holder now.

--... ...--

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.