• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

how to restor open clarifier

Dec 16, 2005
usa
I got a used Uniden Washington cb radio. The clarifier has been opened and would like to restore back to original condition..
Thanks Lugnut

Thank you Moleculo, I have seen the web site . What I need is where the wires came from on the board to restore it back org.

Er, do you really mean "original", as in "locked transmit"? That way you wouldn't be able to use it effectively on SSB. Not unless everyone else on the channel all move their clarifiers to match your "fixed" transmit frequency.

Or do you just want to "undo" a "stretched" clarifier that covers too much ground? AM operators who stretch the clarifier in an effort to go down one whole channel will make the control just too touchy for SSB. Breathe on the knob when you try to clarify a SSB station, and it overshoots every time.

Is there an "Expo 100" channel-expansion kit in the radio? Following the instructions in that kit can cause the clarifier to get downright psycho at the left end of the clarifier knob's travel. The instructions for adding the 5.6 uH choke to the clarifier's varactor diode work okay on the radios with the 11.325 crystal, but NOT on the (Uniden) Washington, 142, Tram D300 and other models that come with the 11.125 crystal. Tends to make those radios twitchy. If that's the problem, you'll need to pull out that choke, even if you restored the exact original wiring.

For that matter, if that choke is causing problems, pulling that alone could do the job, maybe?

Trouble is, Uniden never published a manual showing where all the wires go, that I've ever seen. The Sams CB-222 (I think) is close, but lacks the detail you want.

Just what kind of problem are you seeking to cure by restoring the original clarifier wiring, anyway?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.