• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to shoot skip

On IH-44W today past Rolla, MO, the Prez and the Skipshooters busted the pileup wanting to know the way around the construction at MM-140 backed up to MM-145. (A: Use old Route 66).

The radio is nice. Gets asked about. The WMR DSP Speaker is a great addition.

But Skip is The Boss.
Ain’t happenin’ otherwise.

Twenty miles further on, blew a Drive Axle Tire. Roll 4-miles at 45-mph half on the shoulder.

“Westbound, gotcha a slowmover mile marker 121 rolling the edge. (Rinse. Repeat).

For a fact I was being heard
(when it mattered) by radio rigs good and bad. Miles & Miles of busy Interstate.

And we stopped at the first exit, the ramp across from the Uranus Candy Factory:

The Best Fudge Comes From Uranus!!”

(No lie. And this here is, “The Show Me State”).

DAMMIT BOY you went rite by my road,mo 37 crosses I44.im 15 miles north of 44 on 37
and yes GREAT fudge from URANIUS

Reactions: Slowmover
felicia combs on the weather channel kinda chubby but as you watch she actually is kinda cute

But instead of turning face forward to the camera to rotate thru the shot to change to the other side of the screen for presentation, she turns her back towards the camera, and they don't want ash-faults (SIC) happening while on set...

She's in a lateral learning curve - literally...

She actually looked better during her first few weeks on the show, (IMHO) Reynolds Wolf has had a field day with her on a lot of things - although done in fun and jest. You can tell she's recently gone thru several re-works and it's sad to she how she has changed - in glaring lights of stage. Sometimes the effort to present herself better is not as flattering as she once was - you can see the TV-Host pressure is pretty high on all whom dare to enter the realm of On-Screen.

I wish her well.

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
DAMMIT BOY you went rite by my road,mo 37 crosses I44.im 15 miles north of 44 on 37
and yes GREAT fudge from URANIUS

There’s no accounting for “taste”.

I’ll PM ya next time I go that way. We’ll get some mile marker readings, see if we can’t use AM + Sideband out to a big truck mobile from whatever almighty base station you got, huh?

Reactions: Crawdad and Rwb
There’s no accounting for “taste”.

I’ll PM ya next time I go that way. We’ll get some mile marker readings, see if we can’t use AM + Sideband out to a big truck mobile from whatever almighty base station you got, huh?

sounds fine to me

But instead of turning face forward to the camera to rotate thru the shot to change to the other side of the screen for presentation, she turns her back towards the camera, and they don't want ash-faults (SIC) happening while on set...

She's in a lateral learning curve - literally...

She actually looked better during her first few weeks on the show, (IMHO) Reynolds Wolf has had a field day with her on a lot of things - although done in fun and jest. You can tell she's recently gone thru several re-works and it's sad to she how she has changed - in glaring lights of stage. Sometimes the effort to present herself better is not as flattering as she once was - you can see the TV-Host pressure is pretty high on all whom dare to enter the realm of On-Screen.
yes poor young lady

I wish her well.

Reactions: Handy Andy
yes poor young lady

We only started to notice the issues when either the Director, production or some type of 5-second monitor (READ: CENSOR) began to "blank out" the screen while we watched them on our Cable system.

This was when she was still new and oftentimes when shed reposition herself - she'd twist, then poof...

Sometimes you begin to hear a loud "clap" or "Break" then it'd go blank for a few moments - wife and I would look at each other in wonder and wait, sometimes u[p to a minute - we'd even switch channels to make sure we are still receiving cable

Upon that, we began to see the "Why" it occurred - they'd cover her, by blanking the screen and or changing shots.

You can tell that she is getting coached and has gone thru several "makeovers" to find her the look she needs, that is the problem - what you are when you start down that road - and what you become later on, are two different people.

It's a similar path to another host that lasted only five years in the business on the same channel.

But anyhoo, this is supposed to be about skip - and what is he doing in my radio?

Reactions: Rwb
We only started to notice the issues when either the Director, production or some type of 5-second monitor (READ: CENSOR) began to "blank out" the screen while we watched them on our Cable system.

This was when she was still new and oftentimes when shed reposition herself - she'd twist, then poof...

Sometimes you begin to hear a loud "clap" or "Break" then it'd go blank for a few moments - wife and I would look at each other in wonder and wait, sometimes u[p to a minute - we'd even switch channels to make sure we are still receiving cable

Upon that, we began to see the "Why" it occurred - they'd cover her, by blanking the screen and or changing shots.

You can tell that she is getting coached and has gone thru several "makeovers" to find her the look she needs, that is the problem - what you are when you start down that road - and what you become later on, are two different people.

It's a similar path to another host that lasted only five years in the business on the same channel.

But anyhoo, this is supposed to be about skip - and what is he doing in my radio?
skip is short for skippy. and skippy peanut butter is the problem
thus we have pileups because those skipshooters got SKIPPY PEANUT BUTTER in their ears

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated