• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to shoot skip

Oh and definitely you need to learn to use SSB. AM is fine for local rag chewing but for skip or DX'ing SSB is the only way to propagate!

Even in the 1990's all the cool kids on CB had SSB and often FM rigs and we used them all the time to get away from the low hanging fruit and to maximize the range we could talk to each other. Back then all the old guys where on AM and all the young guys where on SSB and either had CB's with channel kits or RCI's and HR2510's!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
I've just got back into CB radio last week and have been talking all over the US. It's still as fun as ever. When I was a teen I couldn't afford a "real" CB radio and only talked to locals, maybe 10 miles aways on a good day on a 3 watt wlkie-talkie. Now I have my Galaxy DX-2547 with a Sirio 2016 5/8 wave antenna and surfing the skip regularly. Now I have to learn what I've unlearned over the last 12 years.
I have the Sirio 2016 and love too.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated