• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to work 6 meter DX

Hey Stu,
Got my 5054dx yesterday ! :D I have my hamstick dipole horizontal on a rotor. I can't wait for some dx ! I bought a TE-32 tone encoder box that i"m going to hook up for repeater work.

Well, I got the encoder hooked up and everything going :D I just made my first 6m ssb contact :D By the way I'm running the radio off an Astron 20a P/s I picked up last weekend at a Hamfest outside of Baltimore for $20 ;)

Boy thanks Paul ! You were sure a GREAT help ! It was great of you to take the time and open your radio and snapping pics to help me with the encoder ! :D I can't wait to hear you on it !! :D ;)

Ron,
It sounds like your ready to go. We should have more 6m band openings as summer arrives. 6 meters is our best chance at a
QSO. Injoy your new radio and good luck with the magic band.
73,Stu

How about making 50.175usb our WDX club call freq for 6m.
In the event 6m is really hopping we could call CQ on.175 or QSY there after first contact.Just an idea,what do you all think?
73,s
Stu

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.