• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HP 8640b signal generator

marven

Jun 12, 2006
Anyone know a good repair facility? Reliable and qualified? That isn't going to want a body part or kings ransom?
marven :roll:

hp 8640 signal generator

Well, I suppose the correct question should have been,.
Anyone have any experience with working on these?
Anyone have any parts? Anyone done any troubleshooting with them?
These things are so common, anyone?

HP 8640 signal generator

The reason I'm asking is I can't fix a problem until I find it. Everyone I know says the problem can't be happening, but it is. I was just wanting a little knowledgeable help.

The symptom is as follows; No signal generated on DC settings, however, I get one on FM. How can this be?
I'm sure it's something so simple as to just be assinine, I'm not seeing it.
ANYONE?

Unless you are in love with this unit, I'd replace it from offerings on Ebay. Those generators can be had relatively inexpensively on Ebay, and you'd probably be looking at more than the Ebay price of a replacement to repair the one you have now.

signal generator

Yep;
That's what I thought with the last one. Which this one replaced off ebay. Guaranteed to work until you test it. :twisted: :evil: :evil:

signal generator

I'd like to take the credit, but I think i'm the idiot that bumped it. LOL
If all those repairs were that easy!!!
Oh, DTBradio, what is your final findings with the 2sc1969 replacements ( cw20's?)? Are you getting them to work? Hadn't seen anything lately, so was curious.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.