• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR 2510 and KL-503 to many watts

Since RM lists the max drive at 1-6 watts AM and 2-12 watts PEP SSB drive for the amp then yes you can probably shorten the life of that puppy driving it with 20 watts.

Why is it set to dead key 1.5W when the service manual states 10W?

At least on the President there's a RF power knob on the front so you can easily turn it down.

At least on the President there's a RF power knob on the front so you can easily turn it down.

The Hr 2510 has no rf control on the front of the radio.
If your radio has been turned down to a 1.5 watt dead key some one has already twiddled the AM Power control.
The only way to solve the problem is to turn down the AMC control inside the radio to a point were it will not overdrive the little amp.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
AudioShockwave has provided the correct answer. Use the AM power control to set the carrier and the AMC to set the maximum swing. If the AMC has been disabled, reconnect it because you need it to function here. Additionally, if you ever use it on SSB you should adjust the ALC inside the HR2510 for 12 watts PEP maximum. That way it will work good on SSB too.

Since you are a bit put off by the CB/AM traffic in your area, that 2510 is a radio prized by many Hams for its performance and clarity. You might consider getting your Technicians license so you could use it on the 10m Ham band. That Technicians license would be the first level/beginner level. Wouldn't be the first time that a person got sick of AM radio and got their license. Just a thought.

Reactions: Cable Guy
The Hr 2510 has no rf control on the front of the radio.

My apologies. I assumed it was the same as the President Lincoln I have. It appears they changed the RF power knob on the Lincoln for a RF gain knob on the HR2510 which is a damn sight more useful.

I am going to see about the license. I only use it on the cb 40 channels but it goes from 26.000.0 to 29.666.0 with out skipping a beat. We have locally 35 local and a dozen or so others that can easily make 50 to 80 mile transmissions or so cb'ers here and everyone already has a ten meter rig I am now finding out. We have coffee breaks every couple of months so maybe we could make it a group effort.

Reactions: 1 person
Why is it set to dead key 1.5W when the service manual states 10W?

RF stands for receiving frequency it's not a variable for power that I know of

RF stands for receiving frequency it's not a variable for power that I know of
There is a control on the President Lincoln that controls RF power from the face of the radio.
The Uniden Hr 2510 has a internal control to adjust the carrier of the radio.

And this thread here is from 2014 , the OP has not been here since 2015.....

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.