• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR-2510 & HC-5

Yeah... well thanks, but I'm running it in the mobile, so I'd like to avoid that.
The stock mic cable doesn't like to stretch when it gets cold.
I have a nice rubber jacket Workman cable that is OK with the deep freeze. I just need to tweak the AM gain a bit.
I don't have a schematic, is there a separate pot for AM gain?

Pull the cover and try adjusting the AMC control, VR114. It is marked "AMC", about mid-center of the board and to the back a bit.
That should bring it up a bit, if not, have a look at RogerBirds Page for a way to increase the range of the AMC by add`ing a resistor.

_______CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK__________
(Hosted on CBTricks)

Also have a look at the rest of his site, lots of good info there.

www.members.tripod.com/~Rogerbird/

Jeff

Try putting the heil element in an amplified mic, those mic elements have a low output, I use the heil gold line studio mic and w2ihy 8 band eq , It has a built in amplifier that drives my 2510 better than any other combination of mic elements, amplified mic, speech processors or any thing I've tried and I've had the radio since 87,just my 2 cents ...Steve44

44 in the desert said:
Try putting the heil element in an amplified mic, those mic elements have a low output.

I completely agree! Heil elements are not good at all if they are not matched with an amplified microphone. I have a Heil element on a D-104 desk microphone and it is awesome. Try using an amplified hand microphone, I think an Astatic would be best.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.