• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR 2510 Project "Before" Pictures

CollinsMan

Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Florence Mississippi
Here are pictures of the transceiver as it is tonight. I'll post a new set when I get all of the cosmetics fixed.

Thanks go out to "190" for the upper cover, power cord and microphone! Helpful CBers like him make CBing a pleasure!

All of the defective and missing electronic parts have already been taken care of, and I didn't take a "before" picture when I started. :-(

I do plan on replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors as this unit was made about 20 years ago. It couldn't hurt, and all of them only cost a couple of bucks through Mouser.

I'm also in the process of recapping an old 23 channel Cobra 138 and Tram Diamond 60. I'm modifying Siltronix Model 90 VFOs to put both of them up on 10 meters. (I generally run a Uniden PC 78XL, TRC 465, and a Madison on the CB band.) I'll get some pictures of them this week, and post them. If anyone is interested, I'll post the Siltronix VFO mods, too.

The radio works as it should, though, and I've made several contacts with it so far. Man, these things do have good receivers.

Attachments

• Radio Pictures 001.jpg
    Radio Pictures 001.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Radio Pictures 002.jpg
    Radio Pictures 002.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Radio Pictures 003.jpg
    Radio Pictures 003.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 58

that is a nasty hole in there.lol. the cover i sent ya is pretty darn good. say, you ever take a little armour all to the covers of radios. shines them up right nice. good luck on the restow job.

Hi 190,

Yep, that is definitely a nasty hole - The radio will look a lot better with the new (to me) cover. I'll have to give armour all a try. I've used a small amount of baby oil on a cotton cloth to shine up vinyl-clad covers in the past....

Thanks for the well-wish on the project! These classic Presidents are nice, and I couldn't afford one when they were new. So, I get a lot of enjoyment out of restoring them, now!

HR2510's are some of the best export SSBer's ever....glad to see you saved one from becoming a parts radio. They are getting hard to find in good shape these days.

Saving radios from becoming parts radios is usually a lot of fun - especially when they are high quality ones.

For example, I just finished restoring (new electrolytic capacitors, Schottky diodes, 2SC2999, new 1306 driver and 1307 final, etc.) a "parts bin" Cobra 138 23 channel SSB a couple of hours ago, and it does an excellent job on SSB and AM. Kinda hard to find many folks to talk to on channel 16 LSB nowdays, though... I'm converting it to operate on 10 meters, so that won't be a problem in the future.

i hope the hr 2510 works ok for u my friend over in ireland operators call that same radio the president lincoln great little radio on ssb and am well hope to catch you on the band 27.475 / wj 450 29 division ireland just waiting for the skip to start rolling in

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.