• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR 2510 with no audio!

hacksaw

Jan 25, 2009
Hi, I picked up a President HR 2510 today and was told that it had no audio. I checked it when I got home and sure enough, no audio comming from the speaker. I hooked up my working external speaker and still nothing. It will tx. and has good power output. The accessory plug is the one with several wires comming from it. I believe on my last 2510, I had a plug with one white jumper, and I thought the jumper is what made you have audio output. PLEASE HELP!!!

Shawn

Do you have TX audio at all? If you have no TX audio, I'd suspect the audio chip has gone south. I think it's labelled IC103, and it's TDA1905 on the actual chip. I'd be looking at that first, especially if you have a deadkey on AM, but no modulated audio. Check it out and let us know how you get on.

-Exit

Hi, I do have modulation on both ssb and am on transmit. Just no sound comming out of the speaker. However, I do not know if there is any receive either. Hard to tell. No movement on the meter, but with no speaker sound??? I did hook my 2950 back up and it was very quiet. The meter was not moving at all on it either. I figured that since I had transmitt with full power on ssb and am, and with full modulation, then that part is working fine. It is not the speaker either. I belileve that something is wired up wrong, or some IC is burned out of the circuit that powers the speaker.?????

RADIO IS BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! Repaired!!!! One of the caps were out, replaced with 470uF 16v and works fine! Thanks everyone, and thanks to Rogerbird!!!

Connector on the back.

General Info:

PIN FUNCTIONS:
Pins 2,5, & 8 are ground, Pins 1 & 7 are Internal Speaker, 1
& 2 are External Speaker, Pins 4 & 8 are The PA Speaker, Pins
9 & 5 are CW Key, and Pins 3 & 6 are not used

Audio Caps

I have a 2600 with the same problem, which cap was it that you replaced?
Thanks,
Gary

Hello,
Replace C97 and C95 they are next to the Audio IC.
See:http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/uniden/hr_2510/graphics/hr2510_pb111ab_main_pcb.gif
Its similar to the 2600.
You should replace them with 16volt or 25 volt caps.

Make sure you have the accy jack jumper in place between pins 1 and 7, that activates the internal speaker .
See: http://rogerbird.tripod.com/accmic.htm

Roger

I hate bringing up an old post but I am having a similar problem I replaced the two caps and now only when I turn the radio do I have audio for a couple of seconds and it dies off. Any ideas?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.