• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 issue

Hi Rich here,
I picked up a 2510 that was sold not working.
It actually works, but it has a strange issue.
The 2510 has bands A through I,
ABCD don't work. It does Rx and Tx, but in the vicinity of 27.725.. on all of the VFO's range. All channels above 27.725 are the same, thru a dummy load, the radio will RX and TX perfectly (on bands EFGH and most of I) as they are below or partially below 27.725.
So in essence, once you try to use any band or frequency above 27.725, that's where the rig stops, right around 27.725.
Some insight:

The display will show the desired frequency, but will actually be the above.

Sometimes the rig will vary the "ceiling",
It may stop at 27.730 or another time may stop at 27.740.. so it's not alway exact.

Anyway, I have 4 other 2510's, I love them and the RX is superb for 10m. So any help would be appreciated.
Here is a video I made
Showing the issue.

Thanks Richy N2ZD

Maybe yours has the "chip switch" mod done and something is flaking out with it. Hmm.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Maybe a few pics of the board both top and bottom might help someone see the issue. And also might want to check and see what type of chipswitch was installed or how they did the frequency mod. Something didnt work right. Maybe that is why it sold as not working. Hope you get it resolved.

Maybe a few pics of the board both top and bottom might help someone see the issue. And also might want to check and see what type of chipswitch was installed or how they did the frequency mod. Something didnt work right. Maybe that is why it sold as not working. Hope you get it resolved.

It has the regular chip and the standard mod for 11m. It simply won't go above
That general area of 27,700 ish megahertz..
The radio works good up until That point.. Then no matter what the readout says, it stays around that 27mhz freq on RX and TX

Thanks

Well I hope you get an answer. Possibly the gent at this site can help you, DOCSELECTRONICS.COM.
He specializes in that radio and know a lot about them. He is supposed to be one of the best with working on that particular radio and a couple others that are similar. And I hope you get it fixed. Good luck, and good day.

Thanks for the reply,

I have 5 of em so it's not a pressing issue. I figured it would get the attention of some other owner who may have run into this. It's just an odd problem compared to the typical issues these have. Usually you see an out of lock condition, stuck meter, etc on these. This is rather bizarre. But interesting none the less.. When I get it figured out, I'll post here.

Reactions: 222DBFL
No worries. Sorry I can't be of more help. I am not a tech and don't even try to be!! Leave that to the ones that have all the proper equipment to do so. But anyhow, I hope you get it fixed and working like it should. Good day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.