• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hr2510 mic gain question

BIONIC_TEXAN88

Aug 1, 2005
TEXAS PINEYWOODS
I am trying to find a manual online. I just got a 2510 and noticed there is no mic gain knob, just a button. what does it do, and what position do I keep it in. Seems like it affects the output sometimes and sometimes it doesnt on the meter. Maybe it was just coincedence??

btw, any mic recommendations for this radio? I have a stock mic now.

with the mic button in it should cut back the audio leave it out normal also as far as a mic i have 2 of those radios and have ran Road King RK56 the stock mic and an ASTATIC D104 all sounded good but different pitches or tones. Its a trial and error with your voice but Im sure a D104 would be fine. I dont like power mics in mobiles because of the background noises being picked up but I guess one could set the mic gain on the mic to filter the extra noise out.

I thought that having the mic gain botton out, meant it was on and in for off. As far as mics go, I have only experience with two. The Sadelta mic and right now I am using a Heil mic. Both sound great. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

By the way, if you want a copy of the manual, send me your e-mail and I will send you one.

Or try this website. http://hr2510.homeip.net:2510/ There you will find the owners manual and links to mods for the 2510. But if the radio has not been Chipswitched or tuned, I would send the radio to this guy. He and Rogerbird are the ONLY two guys to send it to.

By the way, With the button in, you activate the mic attenuater to cut back on the ambient background noise.

thanks all for the help. I will leave the button out. I dont have a good power mic right now, but I think I will try a texas ranger sra-158 mic on it for now. I have been impressed by them on the performances of it when I used them on other exports and cbs.

KI4MSJ said:
Or try this website. http://hr2510.homeip.net:2510/ There you will find the owners manual and links to mods for the 2510. But if the radio has not been Chipswitched or tuned, I would send the radio to this guy. He and Rogerbird are the ONLY two guys to send it to.

By the way, With the button in, you activate the mic attenuater to cut back on the ambient background noise.

that was a great link for the manual. a little tricky getting it printed out, but worked for me. thanks.

i have a 2510 thats & DOC tune. i have used RK56 in the past but have found a great mic that looks like a RK56 but it's from skythumper electronics. sparkys cb shack sells them and belive me they are fantastic. i had another talk on my radio & switch between the skythumper ST-65 DX & the RK56 and there is quite a diference. both are unamplified but the Skythumper ST-65 had sooooooo much more audio sounded like an amp mic but with out the back ground noise. i have ordered three more. they come in black or chrome case and look just like the RK56 but it's not like the cheap copies. they work so good i even gave Doc a call and told him he might want to try one out. also they are well priced at around 29.95 check them out at sparkys cb shack

radioreddz said:
i have a 2510 thats & DOC tune. i have used RK56 in the past but have found a great mic that looks like a RK56 but it's from skythumper electronics. sparkys cb shack sells them and belive me they are fantastic. i had another talk on my radio & switch between the skythumper ST-65 DX & the RK56 and there is quite a diference. both are unamplified but the Skythumper ST-65 had sooooooo much more audio sounded like an amp mic but with out the back ground noise. i have ordered three more. they come in black or chrome case and look just like the RK56 but it's not like the cheap copies. they work so good i even gave Doc a call and told him he might want to try one out. also they are well priced at around 29.95 check them out at sparkys cb shack

I talked to Sparky on the phone not too long ago. He recommended that mic, so I passed it on to a friend of mine who bought a new stryker and the skythumper mic. He loves it!!

Btw, I changed the mic out to the sra-158 from the old stock mic, she responds a whole lot better now. I ran outta time for an audio check, but the meter shows a bit better response in forward modulation.

Re: mic

unit725 said:
A great mic for a HR2510 is a Kenwood MC43S .
what kind of tone do you get from the radio with the Kenwood mic. those Kenwood radios have a tone of there own like a ferrari nothin like um. is the MC43S a desk or hand mic. i bet its great.

mic

The Kenwood MC43S is a non-powered hand mic. It gives the 2510/ Lincoln a nice strong natural tone. The up/ down buttons on the mic are handy if radio has been Chipswitched

I have a Rogerbird improved HR 2510. I find with the stock President microphone and the Mic gain button in the out position the radio sounds excellent on all modes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.