• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 Mic

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
Anyone have any ideas about a good mic for this radio. It will be mobile Or is the stock mic ok?

Thanks All...……….

when I had a 2510 I ran a RK56 on it. most of my radios I run a RK56 on them. I just like that mic my self. my voice carry's well so it drives that mic real well.

On a slightly more serious note;
Remember the old RS 21-1172 ugly square "thing"? 21 1172_mic.jpg

"Most" have an excellent dynamic cartridge. I seem to recall that it fits without too much demolition.

It may have been all the other work I put into the radio but my personal 2510 gets no comments whatsoever from anyone on the air. No news it good news? Those that have spoken with me in person or on the phone are unable to tell the difference between my voice and my transmitted voice. Kind of a shocker considering that the element was sold separately for a time at less than $10.

Anyone have any ideas about a good mic for this radio. It will be mobile Or is the stock mic ok?

Thanks All...……….

I use a 575 on my mobile. It matches up great to that radio. I used a Heil Goldline on it for years on my base. At the time,most couldn't tell the differences between it and my Vaillant.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I would recommend you convert any mic you have on hand to electret and set the radio up accordingly. You can power it right from the radio. I think there is really only 3 caps to be changed out depending on your voice and what you want to sound like. If I recall 2 of them are lytics and .22uf and one is ceramic. I want to say 2 of them are on the main board opposite side from mic and cpu board has to come out to get to them and the cermic is all the way to the right not far from one of the mounting knobs. Not hard to find the info though it is all over the web.

Remember the old RS 21-1172 ugly square "thing"? View attachment 28501

"Most" have an excellent dynamic cartridge. I seem to recall that it fits without too much demolition.

It may have been all the other work I put into the radio but my personal 2510 gets no comments whatsoever from anyone on the air. No news it good news? Those that have spoken with me in person or on the phone are unable to tell the difference between my voice and my transmitted voice. Kind of a shocker considering that the element was sold separately for a time at less than $10.
I have about a dozen of those square microphones here. When I first got my 2510 I hooked it up to the Sirio M400 and when I keyed it up and made a contact In Florida. They asked how many watts I was running and I told them what ever the the stock 2510 puts out and that is all.
I got a few offers to buy it because it sounded so good. It might be my voice instead of just a good radio.

the MK353 - Uniden wasn't that bad a cartridge either. Again if I recall correctly one of my 2510 mics uses this element.

Remember the old RS 21-1172 ugly square "thing"? View attachment 28501

I know this is an old thread but is that a 21-1172 or a 21-1172a or b. Seems they made 3 versions of this mic.

Reactions: Tokin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.