• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hr2510 no modulation

troyota

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 9, 2007
hello,
i have another president 2510. this one receives good, has about a 7w carrier, but no modulation. i have checked the obvious like the mic. i have another one mobile and it works fine, so its not the mic. i also have replaced the 2 capacitors that usually cause the no mod problem c95 and c97. i have no audio swing at all, with the roger beep on or off no meter movement when i unkey. it seems i have the correct voltages on the regulators too. it seems the audio chip is ok. i done the down and dirty quick test. lick finger and quickly rub across the legs of the chip. i get the ripping sound from the speaker. anyway sorry this is so long but i want to give as much info as possible. oh yeah before someone comes in and asks about the antenna etc. this is with a cantenna load perfect match. could it be a transformer in the audio circuit? i know it uses low level audio. i am going to check ic1 also.
thanks in advance guys

ok i meant t1 instead if ic1. anyway i changed t1 from a parts chassis i have, and now i have no tx. no tx light on the front either. i changed it back to the original still no tx. i looked for a loose wire, but didnt find any. i have put htis thing to the side for now.
thanks

alright i have got the tx back. (it was a wire loose i didnt see last night) ok i thought i would check the bias on the driver and final. i cant get any change at all on vr112 or vr113.
thanks

thats where i checked it. usb, 28000 mhz, no mod, jumper board out, etc. like the manual says. thanks for the input rogerbird. i need all the help i can get.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.