• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HTX100

The way to do it...

I see several have said it does not convert, the way it should.. If you read carefully, the mod states that just cutting the trace does not complete the mod.. because they chose to connect the trace under the IC as well.. so you have to unsolder the pin and Isolate it from the PCB, and add the resistor to 5v.

NOTE!!!!!!!!!
Be very carefull trying to Isolate this pin.. the pins on this Micro are very brittle.. and will SNAP if not done carefully, the metal used on the Micro is not like most micros!!!! IT WILL BREAK!!

I cannot stress that enough.

I suggest unsoldering the pin and sliding a strip of Mica Insulator between the pin and the PCB trace. Then attaching the resistor to the pin.

After this you should have 26.000MHz to 29.965Mhz(Maybe 29.999MHz). bands A thru I. Just like a 2510 or Lincoln.

General Disclaimer follows:
" The use of this information may void your radios warranty.
The modification of your radio may make its use illegal.
The owners of this page DONOT warranty any of this information, nor accept any responsibility of how you use its content. "

Roger

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.