• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Humor for a bit

Andy, the wind just started blowing and already the power is flickering on and off. I swear, Duke Energy...no I’ll hush.

Shadetree, I ordered them directly from Pro’s Kit. Just Google them and go to their website. I tried the superglue already, didn’t work.

Hahahahaha @Tallman
Epoxy as a rule will adhere ceramic to plastic, and silicone adhesive will work as well (learned that on an old Raytheon sub-contract years ago in another life).

Well I’ll try it. Nothing to lose, that’s for sure. I’m about tired of them spinning in the handle over what seems like nothing. Otherwise, they’re a nice little tool and I use them 10,000 times a day.

Reactions: Rwb
Jest use jb weld or any other great quality glue
Use this 1
Flexglue makes a glue
For anthing you do

The hard plastic has come off on me more than once - so the last time this happened I just went and got spares but it is a compression fitting in there and once the hole it seats in elongates, theres little to offer you except to - as others have posted - Krazy Glue or the PVC cement primer together with Krazy Glue on the shaft when you shove it back in there...

It is best if you "rough up" that shafts' smooth shaft - that is partly why it "spins" afterwards when the "seal" it had breaks. Then you can use the glue and primer as a filler to help keep the shaft from turning once it sets...

If you have a lathe turn aluminum handles out tap a set screw in the side grind a flat spot on the shaft put in handle lighn the flat spot with the set screw last long time

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.