• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hy-gain bringing back Penetrator 500

I was trying to be nice to you, you antenna copying, idea thieving no good piece of crap, low life CB radio operating......................................................................................................................................

SMILE WHEN YOU SAY THAT !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange. I received e-mail notification of your reply telling me "Smile when you say that" but it will not display.?????

Oh well, here you go my friend....:D

So are these antennas going to be sold as FOR EXPORT only?

Did the law banning U.S. manufacture of metal vertical CB antennas get repealed?

This is why all of these antennas disappeared in the first place. Some Senator's son got killed while installing an aluminum vertical back in the day - fell over into a power line - so of course we needed a law to compensate for some people's carelessness and/or stupidity.

Does anyone know if the law is still in place and the current sellers of U.S. made CB verticals are doing so illegally and there's just no enforcement going on.

??????

Vicious, nasty radio law breakers....they disgust me so
2mo5pow.gif
128fs318181.gif

So are these antennas going to be sold as FOR EXPORT only?

Did the law banning U.S. manufacture of metal vertical CB antennas get repealed?

This is why all of these antennas disappeared in the first place. Some Senator's son got killed while installing an aluminum vertical back in the day - fell over into a power line - so of course we needed a law to compensate for some people's carelessness and/or stupidity.

Does anyone know if the law is still in place and the current sellers of U.S. made CB verticals are doing so illegally and there's just no enforcement going on.

??????

Vicious, nasty radio law breakers....they disgust me so
2mo5pow.gif
128fs318181.gif
Not quite sure what you mean? There are several U.S. manufacturers making and selling aluminum CB antennas - MACO, Moseley (The Devant/Diplomat 10/Dispatcher DP275), Jo-Gunn, not to mention the various others like Interceptor 10K and Mr. Coily Enforcer.

The aluminum verticals for CB were gone for many, many years from U.S. manufacturing. CB ONLY. Did not apply to antennas sold as 10 Meter ham or any ham antennas, or to CB beams. I'll try and look up a reference to some article somewhere but this was well before the internet days.

Last edited:
Apparently all you have to do to get around the regulation, if it is still in place, is to simply NOT market it as a "CB ONLY" antenna. Call it a 25~30mhz or a 10M ham antenna or some such and you've squeaked around.

Now if only the CPSC would ban the manufacture of cheap, tasteless beer that gives you a headache if you even go near it. Now that would be useful
www_MyEmoticons_com__burp.gif

[/QUOTE} THe origianl Penetrator 500 could handle up to 1500W. If they keep the same Beta/hairpin matching system, it will proably handle same.
[/QUOTE]

They can handle a lot more than that. I've pumped over 2000 dead key and 6000 pep into mine on a regular basis.

Peakaboo ran 10,000 watt dead key into his and the weak link was the S0239 which caught on fire. He direct fed the coax after that.

Corn beer

Now if only the CPSC would ban the manufacture of cheap, tasteless beer that gives you a headache if you even go near it. Now that would be useful
www_MyEmoticons_com__burp.gif
The problem with cheap beer, is that it's not made from hops, barley, or grain, but from high fructose corn syrup, and corn mash. Cheap and easy beer. The high level of fructose is what causes the headaches. Lot's of that crap around, unfortunately.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.