• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hy-gain bringing back Penetrator 500

I purchased a old hi-gain Super CLR 2 antenna for $25.00 in great condition looking to sale...

Hy-gain showed the new Penetrator at Dayton, and apparently interest was high.

Hy-gain has now officially released the antenna, order number SPT-500, and retailing for $149.95 (plus shipping). Not in the website yet. I'm ordering one.

Hy-gain showed the new Penetrator at Dayton, and apparently interest was high.

Hy-gain has now officially released the antenna, order number SPT-500, and retailing for $149.95 (plus shipping). Not in the website yet. I'm ordering one.
well thats a good price .i assume you seen them in person at dayton?if so
they seem like they used to be?

well thats a good price .i assume you seen them in person at dayton?if so
they seem like they used to be?
Unfortunately, I didn't attend Dayton this year, but I did receive a picture of the new version. Looks a lot like the old version.

Attachments

• New_Penetrator_Apr_2011c.jpg
    New_Penetrator_Apr_2011c.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 287
if the quality of materials and construction is there , for $150 it should be a very good seller for them .

if the quality of materials and construction is there , for $150 it should be a very good seller for them .
I've ordered one. I will post a review of assembly and performance. If the construction is there, I expect it to perform beautifully.

I already have one, which is undergoing maintenance (after 36 years, it needs it). We'll install the new one, and put the old one back "in stock". The old one's performance was spectacular. I'm currently using an Antron "clone" (a Proton PT-99) which is quite deaf, IMO, and seems a lot more noisy than the Penetrator was.

Unfortunately, I didn't attend Dayton this year, but I did receive a picture of the new version. Looks a lot like the old version.

a little hard to see on pic as it was not intended to show the matching i'm sure, just a general pic...

is the matching the same as the old penetrator with a beta and matching rod?

a little hard to see on pic as it was not intended to show the matching i'm sure, just a general pic...
is the matching the same as the old penetrator with a beta and matching rod?
The same exact matching system. They rate it at 1500W so I think it's identical in power handling.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.